Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Settle Down Dude

Tbone1

I tell myself!
Been into all the hype, videos etc over Minelab’s new detector and start feeling inadequate and insecure and getting a serious dose of detector envy!
Ah!
Went out this morning for a quicky with the D2 and feel much better now!
I’m sure the Manticore will be a cool machine but I’m thankful for what is here for me at home!

I have to agree with you.
They have started the marketing campaign and don’t yet have the software finalized. Than there is manufacturing and shipping to all of God’s good earth.
Stay positive and enjoy the hobby. Me, I can’t wait for cooler and wetter weather. Too dry and hot here in NJ

Well I imagine you are going to see several more new models out soon as well. About every 10 years or so it seems new break through in technology allows it.

Here we are now using some sort of smart tech not found several years ago with the wireless and all.

I am not sure what you are after in a new unit............but the only other thing some of these new ones cannot do is dig the target up for you.

I do now that whatever hits the scene, I do not think anything would be able to pick stuff out in trash as fast as what XP offers.

I also know that the reason their coil keeps getting larger and larger is because their smaller coils cannot go as deep as XP's 9 inch either.

8 inch coils used to be standard for the most part across the board.

Now every time a new unit hits the scene it seems that they all come with an 11" or bigger stock coil.

It may have a fancy looking screen but does that really do any good?

It is still multi IQ whatever that is technology........No one ever could pin point what frequencies the unit was actually using.

I am sure it could be said for the Deus 2 as well.

Look at all of the update issues Nokta Makro has faced with letting a unit out to the public only to have to keep making firmware changes.

I would stick with the deus 2. I am certainly happy with mine.

I am even having a hard time letting go of my original deus...........go figure.

You gotta thank makro/ Nokta for pumping out so many good machines so fast,,and getting these other companies to pony up and get they're R&D putting out something else to keep people happy..
So many good machines out there it's unreal,new and old tech.. As for the Original poster here,I've been there and had that envy and did the same exact thing,took my rig out and felt much better about what I had..Good for you

You gotta thank makro/ Nokta for pumping out so many good machines so fast,,and getting these other companies to pony up and get they're R&D putting out something else to keep people happy..
So many good machines out there it's unreal,new and old tech.. As for the Original poster here,I've been there and had that envy and did the same exact thing,took my rig out and felt much better about what I had..Good for you
The legend is the 2nd Nokta that I have owned, the first being the Fores series. So far I like the Legend,but I'm not impressed with it, weight is the killer. As far as the Fores detector, it was a pile of crap.
My Deus is very light, easy for an old guy with a bad shoulder to swing, but the biggest flaw is the VDI numbers changing when you change coils or programs. That may not be a big deal for the younger generations, but my old brain has too many numbers in it now, the VA always wants my birth date,and last 4, my wife wants me to remember her birthday,anniversary , doctors think I should know my PSA number, Cholesterol number, ebay and amazon want passwords.
See where I'm going, way too much to remember, a coin being 30 in one program is now 38 in another, I'm cornfused.

Hey at least its updateable windows or apple! lol

The legend is the 2nd Nokta that I have owned, the first being the Fores series. So far I like the Legend,but I'm not impressed with it, weight is the killer. As far as the Fores detector, it was a pile of crap.
My Deus is very light, easy for an old guy with a bad shoulder to swing, but the biggest flaw is the VDI numbers changing when you change coils or programs. That may not be a big deal for the younger generations, but my old brain has too many numbers in it now, the VA always wants my birth date,and last 4, my wife wants me to remember her birthday,anniversary , doctors think I should know my PSA number, Cholesterol number, ebay and amazon want passwords.
See where I'm going, way too much to remember, a coin being 30 in one program is now 38 in another, I'm cornfused.
I hear ya Bob!! Too many numbers! I'm 72 in 2 weeks and it doresn't seem to be getting any easier. I noticed the VDI numbers changing as well which I think is related to what frequency is being used. I use 5 tones no discrim on the 2 and go by listening more and going by the numbers less.

After swinging both the D2-9” and Apex for the last year and a half, I like swinging the light of weight a D2-9” and the lack of a coil cable. I’m not sure I would want to go back to a heavier machine. Time will tell how well the Manticore compares to the latest releases of competitive machines, if and where it fits into the lineup of those machines.

Ok folks- read my lips - no more new detectors. Extremely content with my D2 And 9” coil. Surprised the weight is same as the equinox which since swinging a Deus I consider unwieldy. The new Minelab doesn’t even collapse as small as the Legend which also surprises me. Nope - not jumping onto this, I’m putting all my efforts to finding better spots and to getting the most out of my Deus 2.

Ok folks- read my lips - no more new detectors. Extremely content with my D2 And 9” coil. Surprised the weight is same as the equinox which since swinging a Deus I consider unwieldy. The new Minelab doesn’t even collapse as small as the Legend which also surprises me. Nope - not jumping onto this, I’m putting all my efforts to finding better spots and to getting the most out of my Deus 2.
Might as well RM who knows when it will be available!
HH Jeff

Time will tell on the Manticore, it needs to be in the hands of experienced people to hear what they say and what we see. I used Minelab E-Tracs and CTX for years but the Deus 1 became my go to detector for Ohio fields that I hunt. I sold our E-Tracs and I picked up two Equinox lightly used with extra coils on a deal I just couldn’t pass up. Eventually sold the CTX to a friend and gave him a good deal on it. I got the D2 but haven’t had much time to use it as of yet since crops in field still. I used CTX in same of the same spots as the D1 and was able to find some other things. I always think that it never hurts to use a different platform to crosscheck. But CTX was getting too heavy...or should I say my old arm was wearing out quicker...lol! I used the Equinox in a few spots but I felt it was not as good as the CTX or maybe I understood CTX better. Will I get the Manticore...maybe we will see.

Time will tell on the Manticore, it needs to be in the hands of experienced people to hear what they say and what we see. I used Minelab E-Tracs and CTX for years but the Deus 1 became my go to detector for Ohio fields that I hunt. I sold our E-Tracs and I picked up two Equinox lightly used with extra coils on a deal I just couldn’t pass up. Eventually sold the CTX to a friend and gave him a good deal on it. I got the D2 but haven’t had much time to use it as of yet since crops in field still. I used CTX in same of the same spots as the D1 and was able to find some other things. I always think that it never hurts to use a different platform to crosscheck. But CTX was getting too heavy...or should I say my old arm was wearing out quicker...lol! I used the Equinox in a few spots but I felt it was not as good as the CTX or maybe I understood CTX better. Will I get the Manticore...maybe we will see.
Exactly!….That’s the reason I never invested in the CTX…Weight & cost!……It’s a good machine but, not $2,500 good! I had the Equinox & liked it but, I became insecure about it .I lost confidence wondering when I’d be the next victim of a broken coil or leaking pod. The tech is great though!…..I now use the D2 & I don’t regret it!……..I am however, going to get the Manticore & hope it will fulfill what the Equinox should have been in the first place.

Getting ready head out for a quick walk with a detector. Hmmm. Which one?
I love my old Whites V3i! But I turn 72 next week. Think I’ll be easy on myself and take the Deus2.
Yep . Light tools are good for old guys