Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Setup recommendations for my next hunt...

lomoch

I've put out a new post in the E-Trac classroom forum regarding subject matter. I'm new and was not sure where best to post such. So, mods, if this needs to be deleted/moved/etc, thanks for your understanding.

Trying to get out early tomorrow before Irene comes calling. Plan is to hunt a new place never hunted before. Layout will be as follows:

Old plantation house middle of field in field's highest elevation point.
Field slopes gradually down to a small lake to the North.
Field is rather tame, no tall grasses, etc.
Not sure about soil; but I suspect nothing to hot.
House was built in middle 1700's and had residence up to about 20 years ago.
I suspect ferrous laiden near house, both old and new.

Don't have much time with weather coming in and somewhat new to this hobby and machine. I've tinkered with TTF a few times but get the feeling Conductive Multi in mostly all metal mode might "tell" me more if I'm smart enough to handle its communications. I understand many have their own prefs on setup based on different thoughts and logistics, and thus why I post such. If you have a minute and can tell me how you'd setup for such logistics and why, I'd greatly appreciate the time and information.

Randy

To start with I am no expert on any machine but have used a few in the last 40+ years. I myself having never been to this location would go with the factory settings whether it be coins or relics and let the location dictate any changes after I got there. A lot of people forget about their quick-mask screen which I use frequently. That cursor location has helped me recover many very nice targets. I would start with my sensitivity in auto+3. Slow is the ticket and if you have a small coil take it along. They are almost a must around most old homesites. TTF works great at these locations but you can always punch it in if need be. You mentioned the weather. Don't get in a hurry at a good location like you have described. Take your time and search thoroughly with the time you have. Take you manual if you are not familiar with the E-Trac enough to make changes on the fly. I would not install any programs or changes until they have proven to be what YOU want to use in the future. That way if the changes do not work out for you just do a factory reset. If a change works load it up. Good luck and keep us posted. There hopefully will be some much more knowledgeable people give you more tips. HH :minelab: