Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shaft holes off?

gsmith

I noticed today when I put the F75Se together that after lining the pins up with the holes that the coil was slightly off center from the display box....is that the way it's suppose to be? I don't see any other way to straighten it out without not having the pins in the holes which make the shaft wobble?

Okay not knowing for sure what is going on with the holes not lining up. About all we can do is check things and see if something is put together wrong or something is wrong with the detector parts.
You have a 3 piece shaft, the one with the control box, the center section and the one with coil.
Turn the detector up side down and take a eye shot down the bottom of the shafts and see where the holes seem to be off center, that will tell you where the problem is. Remember you have one snap hole in the control box shaft, make sure your center section snaps into the control box section.

After you look and check things over at some point you will either find that you have something put together wrong. If it turns out that it is a part problem you need contact FT and see what they will do, I am sure they will make it right.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

It could be the holes were drilled a tad off center if in fact you have you have installed the rods in the proper sequence. If it is that the holes are wrong, no doubt fisher will promptly replace the rod(s) Good luck. HH jim tn

My F75 se upper shaft is offset from the other two shafts. Maybe that is what you are noticing. I don't think the whole set up is supposed to be totally straight. I don't have a problem with the way mine works.

I just put a sting from the bottom center of the battery box to the center of the lower shaft on mine and the holes are pretty much on the line.

Hope this helps,

Ron in WV

chickamauga said:
My F75 se upper shaft is offset from the other two shafts. Maybe that is what you are noticing. I don't think the whole set up is supposed to be totally straight. I don't have a problem with the way mine works.

That's what I was wondering...the control screen with the coil flat, is kinda leaning off to the right...just didn't know if this was the way it was suppose to be or if the holes on the shaft were off...guess it really doesn't hurt anything...just thought it was a little strange.

It's very possible the holes were drilled or punched offset during the manufacturing if they moved or not centered properly. Find out which one of the shafts are off center and call First Texas and tell them. They'll just send you a new one or they should. It might have been missed during their inspections. Happy Trails, Woodstock

Woodstock said:
It's very possible the holes were drilled or punched offset during the manufacturing if they moved or not centered properly. Find out which one of the shafts are off center and call First Texas and tell them. They'll just send you a new one or they should. It might have been missed during their inspections. Happy Trails, Woodstock
Thanks for the reply's guys, have owned whites,minelabs and garretts but never a fisher...just wanted to make sure it wasn't something quirky with the fishers. Sent a email off to FT...
Greg :spin:

I think its misaligned. I had to file the inner collar of the tightening hub on my Omega because of excess plastic residue. The rod would not go in the collar. Did it myself. But rest assured, if the holes are misaligned, First Texas will take care of you.

n/t

same thing with my f75....put it together and was crooked as a barrel of guts..put it together with collars loose..twist the shaft (s) back to where the coil and box look good ..then tighten..

never send an e-mail they never answer them just call felix, he'll pickup. Also call him about mine when I sent it in for repair and they did nothing about it. they told me to follow the book onalignment. didn't work there still offset.

I did call them and talked to Felix....then he actually answered my email and they are sending me new shafts...hopefully be here by tomorrow.