Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Share your Gold Coin find:

One of the problems for recovering gold coins is most don't fall into the tid range of other coins one is prone to dig. On a F 75 as an example, a $1. god coin has a 24-26 reading. A $2.5 reads 40-42 and the $5. reads 52, a $10. 61 and the $20. a 69-70.

Typically two types of hunters would dig those numbers, beach hunters and relic hunters. I spent one winter some years ago now woods hunting and digging those numbers with my F 75. Did make a few interesting recoveries, but no gold coin. And I would be shocked to learn there wasn't a couple hiding on the site. Good luck, all. HH jim tn

One of the problems for recovering gold coins is most don't fall into the tid range of other coins one is prone to dig. On a F 75 as an example, a $1. god coin has a 24-26 reading. A $2.5 reads 40-42 and the $5. reads 52, a $10. 61 and the $20. a 69-70.

Typically two types of hunters would dig those numbers, beach hunters and relic hunters. I spent one winter some years ago now woods hunting and digging those numbers with my F 75. Did make a few interesting recoveries, but no gold coin. And I would be shocked to learn there wasn't a couple hiding on the site. Good luck, all. HH jim tn
Good statement jim tn. Could also boil down to that fact that Leprechauns have beaten most to the punch.

Could also boil down to that fact that Leprechauns have beaten most to the punch.
Well, there could be something said for that, T-DUB, but on this particular woods, although part of a old park, there were just to many other old coins and jewelry being recovered to believe the Leprechauns got all the gold coins. Certainly gold coins weren't lost near the numbers of cents and silver coins, but enough does get found for us to have hope, anyway. Have a goodie! HH jim tn

Mine is my picture. German Baden state gold coin from 1893. Found it in a field in Germany that had been well hunted over the years by others. Probably a WWI mobilization
1691250459388.jpeg
1691250426394.jpeg
1691250356470.jpeg

The city park Im currently leaving shoe tracks in has lots of deep 11 numbers on the Legend. One YouTube shows small gold chains coming in at 11 and may be why NM took 11 out of the iron numbers. Every 11 I’ve dug so far has been foil. I suppose if I’m finding IH pennies, V nickels, and Barbers then one of the odd numbers could be a gold coin. Then again most of that deep trash has chirpy sounds so I pass. Either that or the fringe 60 numbers that ends up iron edges.
Damn hobby….The main reason we detect is hoping for that gold pile and we ignore gold cause the numbers dont conform to standards. Again, damn hobby.

Do they ring low ? Like iron. Especially at depth.
On the Etrac, yes it was in the low range, below nickels. Supposed to have been 12 - 8/10, this one had a nail in the hole, was bouncing 12-18 and 6-12 if I recall but was constant all the way around 360 degrees. I was detecting in a field so I dug it.