Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt with the 900 yesterday...

fwcrawford

Another forum member (JimmyCT) sent his newly aquired Equinox 900 to me recently to use and test for him while he out for the year due to a foot injury.
I am presently using the 800 and have been hammering a small wood patch where I have been finding some Civil War bullets and a few buttons.
I have been to this site about 13 times now spending anywhere from 2 hours up to 5 hours there each time.
Last Sunday I detected there for about 5 hours without finding anything other than small pieces of melted lead, so I thought this would be a good test site for the 900.
This is my first time using it and it does feel more balanced than my 800.
After testing a few targets to get an idea of where different targets hit on the scale... I started detecting.
Within the first hour, I found 4 bullets which really impressed me.
Two of them were very close to some tree trunks, and I may have simply missed them with the 800, but the other two I feel I should have found by now.
Needless to say, I was impressed with my results yesterday.
The other items in the photo are 3 spent percussion caps and some melted lead.
A big thanks to Jim for loaning me your Equionox 900! I will take good care of it for you while I have it.
Now I need to see if it can find quarters!!:look:
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0553.JPG

Last edited:
Another forum member (JimmyCT) sent his newly aquired Equinox 900 to me recently to use and test for him while he out for the year due to a foot injury.
I am presently using the 800 and have been hammering a small wood patch where I have been finding some Civil War bullets and a few buttons.
I have been to this site about 13 times now spending anywhere from 2 hours up to 5 hours there each time.
Last Sunday I detected there for about 5 hours without finding anything other than small pieces of melted lead, so I thought this would be a good test site for the 900.
After testing a few targets to get an idea of where different targets hit on the scale... I started detecting.
Two of them were very close to some tree trunks, and I may have simply missed them with the 800, but the other two I feel I should have found by now.
A big thanks to Jim for loaning me your Equionox 900! I will take good care of it for you while I have it.
Thanks for looking!
View attachment 40368
So is possible Felix that the coil of the 800 just didn't pass over the bullets, or do u think the targets were beyond the detection depth of the 800 ?

Mark ( ohio )

What mode were you searching in and did you tweak the iron bias or keep those settings stock?

Did the target ID stay consistent on the targets?

Thanks Tim

So is possible Felix that the coil of the 800 just didn't pass over the bullets, or do u think the targets were beyond the detection depth of the 800 ?

Mark ( ohio )
It is possible that the two I found next to the tree base were simply missed, but the other two I feel sure I have been over as much as I have searched this particular area.

What mode were you searching in and did you tweak the iron bias or keep those settings stock?

Did the target ID stay consistent on the targets?

Thanks Tim
I was using the the same settings as I use in my 800.
Park 1 or occasionally Field 2
Iron bias at 0
Recovery at 4
50 tones
The only difference is that on the 900 I was running 25 on the sensitivity whereas with the 800, I have been running at 23/24 which seemed to be getting good depth for my ground.
The TID and signal on two next to the tree base was good which is why I think I simply missed them with the 800.
The other two gave iffy but diggable signals and TID readings.
I have been also getting those types of signals with my 800… some only respond from one angle also..
I found one last week that read poorly and not even a consistent signal and it was a bullet at 6 3/4” laying on its side.
Not what is considers deep by mostly, but I am dealing with Virginia red clay.

Iron bias at 0
Recovery at 4
50 tones
The only difference is that on the 900 I was running 25 on the sensitivity whereas with the 800, I have been running at 23/24 which seemed to be getting good depth for my ground.
The TID and signal on two next to the tree base was good which is why I think I simply missed them with the 800.
I have been also getting those types of signals with my 800… some only respond from one angle also..
I found one last week that read poorly and not even a consistent signal and it was a bullet at 6 3/4” laying on its side.
Very good info.
I have the eq900 and I really like it.

So I know the eq800 has been loved by the users of it for a long time

I had an eq600 for a short while but i did not like the numbering system. But I personally think the eq900 is a hotter unit than the eq600 I had

So from what you have used so far with the eq900 are you thinking of getting one??

Very good info.
I have the eq900 and I really like it.

So I know the eq800 has been loved by the users of it for a long time

I had an eq600 for a short while but i did not like the numbering system. But I personally think the eq900 is a hotter unit than the eq600 I had

So from what you have used so far with the eq900 are you thinking of getting one??
Not as of yet… I have some other heavily hunted sites to try it at.
In the three years I have used the Equinox 800, I have done outstanding with it.
I found more silver coins than any other detector I have owned by far.
That expanded scale is a nice improvement, but for relics, I’ not sure if is is an advantage over the 800…. For coins and especially jewelry now I could see a benefit to it.
I have a couple friends that have or had the 600… I think it is a very good detector too.
It took Jim, who loaned me his 900 about two years to convince me to get the 800…🤣😂
I’m glad he was finally able to convince me… it has been a fun detector to use..

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 40368
You had a great maiden voyage with the 900! Those are definitely not weenie bullets 😂

Iron bias at 0
Recovery at 4
50 tones
I guess you are out and away from any power lines running your sensitivity at 25?Ive only been out 3 times with my 700 but cant run over 17 without it going crazy but ive been close to power lines.Ihave read where some of you said try 15 kz only and see what it does,i will try next time out.

I guess you are out and away from any power lines running your sensitivity at 25?Ive only been out 3 times with my 700 but cant run over 17 without it going crazy but ive been close to power lines.Ihave read where some of you said try 15 kz only and see what it does,i will try next time out.
At times I get some interference that I believe is WIFI from nearby homes, but there are no power lines close to this site.
Yes, 15 khz does help when around sources of EMI.. I have used it while detecting curb strips.
Just remember when using a single frequency to ground balance.

Not as of yet… I have some other heavily hunted sites to try it at.
In the three years I have used the Equinox 800, I have done outstanding with it.
I found more silver coins than any other detector I have owned by far.
That expanded scale is a nice improvement, but for relics, I’ not sure if is is an advantage over the 800…. For coins and especially jewelry now I could see a benefit to it.
I have a couple friends that have or had the 600… I think it is a very good detector too.
It took Jim, who loaned me his 900 about two years to convince me to get the 800…🤣😂
I’m glad he was finally able to convince me… it has been a fun detector to use..
Same here the 800 found so much silver it amazed me the 900 is awesome also field 2 was my preferred setting.
Mark