Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

should i get the Etrac or the F75 ((HELP)))

clad king

im about ready to order a new detector and im so undecided. im mainly after deep silver or anything for that matter in my pounded sites. has anybody used both that can make my choice easier. thanks in advance, cladking

I own an F75. I now own an Etrac. I will be selling the F75. I am not going to talk down about the F75 but if you are interested in my opinion you can pm me. TMAN...

I have the F-75 and the E-Trac and also a SE Pro and if i had to chose 1 it would be easy the E-Trac would be the one I would keep. I just sold the SE Pro as i feel the E-Trac does work much better for me and my coin hunting. The F-75 with the small coil has done good for me in trash, but I am thinking the E-Trac may even do better as I never dug so many coins in with nails since i got my E-Trac. A friend of mine also tried my E-Trac and he too had to have one and picked out over 40 silver in the 4 weeks he has had it with some very deep and many in with Trash he missed before with his Explorer.

I used the F75 as my "go to" detector for over a year but I switched to the ET and sold the F75. I was hunting with a friend in an old park right after I got the ET. He was using an F75 with an F70 coil. we were comparing hits. I got a two way signal that sounded and read good. The F75 gave a one way signal and the TID read trash. It turned out to be a carved minnie at about 8"

Now, I do not think that is the norm... but it happened. Both machines will make great finds.

Another thing.. I have back problems while the F75 is lighter.. it hurts my back more than the E-TRAC, (I still have a T2 which feels and swings the same as an F75).

Just make sure that you are happy and having fun.

J

Pay attention, it is more correct to compare detectors with similar coils.
I mean, F75 and 15x12 S.E.F. coil is a very strong combo, remember that its original coil is only 7 x 11 inches.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa4tu/metal-detecting/documents/test_detech.pdf

Even though i have allot of time on the F75 I'm not going to say one is better than the other. In a perfect area the 75 can beat a Minlab in both depth and speed......But it is rare to find such places. High mineralization,hot magnetic ground and EMI will drive you crazy using a F75. I proved it once to someone by dragging a strong magnet around in a open hole and picking up allot of metal flakes and bird shot. He thought he had a bad unit and needed to send it in when in fact it was picking all that up and acting erratic. Disc it out and you might as well be using a F2. The places i can hunt with the E-Trac far out weigh the one or two that i can use the F75. Allot depends on your location and type of hunting.

You can still use the F75 in a place like that once you have used it enough to learn to tell the difference between all the chatter from the iron gits, ore, hot rocks, etc and the good targets. You can learn the difference, I did. You just ignore all that noise and pick out the signals. Also the F75 will quieten as you swing it. If you slow down it will get noiser. It will be noiser if you stop swinging in JE mode. I think lots of people don't use JE mode on the F75 because when they switch it over it begins to chatter, even with the coil off the ground,,, but it will quieten down a lot as you begin to swing it.

It's certainly not easy at first but once you get used to it "BAM"... you can hear the good target among all the junk signals and it will stop you in your tracks.

Still, I sold my F75 because I used the SE so much trying to learn it that I became used to the Minelab tones and couldn't go back the the squawking harsh tones of the F75. Besides, I have to stay with one machine a lot to be proficient with it. I can switch to a Tejon or Sovereign easily but I have to stay with either an Explorer or F75 as a main machine... not both, too much to remember, too much to be "used to".

Both the SE and F75 are good machines, both will drive you nuts for a while. The E-TRAC is much easier to learn than either of those.

IMO,

Julien