Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shout out to Minelab Customer Service

While one never wishes they had to use customer service it's inevitable that at some point in time everything will break and need to be fixed. Unfortunately mine occurred after only 9 days of owning my new CTX as my screen developed a problem and as a result I posted it on another forum(would have asked here but I can't post a pic here) and as is my good fortune Jamie from Minelab read of my problem, contacted me directly, immediately offered to replace my complete unit, arranged for UPS return shipping all before 8am west coast time. That's great customer service! I know that there are many who seem not to think MineLab is not customer oriented but in my little experience they shined.

While it sucks to have to return a product(especially so soon after purchase) it is comforting to know that if I need support people from minelab are on these forums and willing to help at a moments notice. Thank you Jamie for your help as it was/is greatly appreciated.
Skate

That's awesome, Skate...:thumbup:

I've had nothing but excellent service from those Minelab folk in Illinois...and I keep hearing great things about Jamie, in particular.

Glad they got it taken care of for you.
:)
HH,
mike

Often all we hear are complaints as folks that have no problems have no reason to post. Thanks for posting your experience.

That's great to hear. Minelab is obviously monitoring the forums and wants to address their customer's concerns. WTG Minelab...

One thing we haven't chatted about is the customer service Skate, and it is very good. Again, I've dealt with Jamie 2-3 times and unless everyone there is named "Jamie", she is a one woman Customer Service Center. I think for many people, recognition in what they do and how well they do it is a lot of what drives them, it's what drives me in MY job. I only hope the recognition comes from the inside of the company also, and they understand the importance of what she does from their customers point of view. Being without my CTX OR my Explorer2 would really really really suck!
Glad to hear you have it under control....

It sucks for sure to not have your detector but it would suck even worse not knowing I had a quality person like Jamie to help me at MineLab. No matter how much you spend on something doesn't make it bulletproof against problems. Someday I'd love to be able to afford a second CTX to use as a backup for instances just like this. We bought a brand new 3k fridge from GE 2 years ago and it quit working 3 times having to have the computer replaced. Customer service from GE sucked, I lost hundreds of dollars of food and they could care less. I kept asking them to just replace the fridge because it was a dud and they refused. Compare that to Jamie at minelab. I posted the problem last night and before 8am Jamie has it all worked out to get mine replaced. It's on it's way to Chicago as I write this.

GE, don't get me started. I stop buying Anything made by them over 40 years ago. I have no idea how they have stayed in business as long as they have.

Anyone can screw up; its how you handle the screwup that shows your true character. Same with companies.

That's is great service.I am working with Jamie now with my Problem :thumbup:

A short rehash of my 'Jamie" experience. Sent email asking if they could sell me a wireless battery. Answer was 'No', but she would see what could be done. Another email and she says she found a used wm10 that works perfectly and is shipping it to me, no charge! Got it a week later and it looks absolutely brand new and works perfectly! If Minelab has any sense at all they will clone her! She may well save Minelab's reputation all by herself! Thanks again Jamie!

Would like to contact Jamie at Minelab, would someone be kind enough to provide a phone number?

Shout out to Jamie in Illinois, had to use their warranty services twice in the last two weeks, the best warranty is one you do not have to use, but when you do it nice to know there are still companies out there that stand behind what they sell. Thanks Jamie
Fundy Digger.

The first time I tried to charge my wm10 it wouldn't charge. I contacted Jamie who quickly sent me a new one. (The new one wouldn't recharge either, it turned out to be the recharging cord and not the wm10) anyhow they took care of the situation quickly with no hassle.

Here's a little advise, my pin pointer is not working well and it's not that old, however I can't turn it back in because I did not keep the box. IF YOU BUY A SIMPLE ITEM LIKE A PIN POINTER KEEP THE BOX.

I've just resently delt with Jamie and had positive results.
In less than 24 hrs she saw I talked about a problem with my CTX on the forum , responded, and sent me a shipping label.
7-10 business days for return after they receive it.
That's good customer service
BT

Thank you all so much for your kind words! We'll continue to do our best to help our customers!

I have to say that customer service was good to me also. It was only for a battery pack that wouldn't take a charge for my CTX but they were great! I had a new battery in less then a week.