Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shovel for metal detecting.

Excalibur Shovels has several models. I have one of their early models and it's worked great for me.

I just picked up a Lesche Ball Handle Heavy Duty Metal Detecting Shovel with Serrated Blade. I haven’t used it yet ( come on Spring! ) but I feel this is going to solve my issues of encountering tough ground and tree roots.
  • Airplane quality tubing
  • Serrated digging blade
  • 31" overall length
  • Heat treated for added strength
  • 5 year manufacturers warranty

Attachments

• 4FD916EB-2465-4EF5-BE22-6A018FE81BE9.jpeg
    4FD916EB-2465-4EF5-BE22-6A018FE81BE9.jpeg
    684.1 KB · Views: 189
I always use a Lectshi digger. There are some places where the digging is hard, old saw mill, old gravel pit grounds., state forrest land. I'm looking into getting a shovel possibly. These places I won't have to worry about the size or neatness of the plug and hole. Any suggestions. :detecting:
I use the Lesche Piranah. Works great for digging in the woods.

I had the Lesche shovel (serrated on one side). It was too short for me + totally useless foot plates which I need to really drive the blade down. I wanted a deeper, wider blade with serrations on both sides so I decided on the Predator Tools Barracuda. I will never need anything else. I hit solid rock with it numerous times, dug into completely frozen ground and the blade has nothing to show for it. It's expensive but the expense is soon forgotten when you have one in your hands. If you need a longer blade, the Piranha is also a popular model. Anything from Predator Tools is awesome.

I always use a Lectshi digger. There are some places where the digging is hard, old saw mill, old gravel pit grounds., state forrest land. I'm looking into getting a shovel possibly. These places I won't have to worry about the size or neatness of the plug and hole. Any suggestions. :detecting:
I like using a small pick such as they use in the gold fields. Great around rocks.

I use the T-Handle Sampson. Can penetrate some pretty hard ground. It areas a long handle look bad, such as a Park. I use a hand digger.

The predator with a D handle is a bit taller and better built than a lesche where the shovel connects to the handle is solid welded less prone to bending.
I wear a shovel out in about 11/2 years lol..

Lesche Piranha...'nuff said!

I hunt parks, so I try to be a bit more discreet and don't carry obvious large shovels. I learned from a friend to just buy small, heavy gauge garden shovels. Cut the handle down and camo tape the shaft. It slides into a hammer carrier on my belt. I wrap my green dirt towel around the blade and nobody notices that I am carrying a shovel until I use it. These things last for many years.

I've been using this Predator Tools Phoenix shovel for the past year and I really like it. It's heavy but it digs a really nice plug.

Attachments

• IMG_20200907_111630568 (4).jpg
    IMG_20200907_111630568 (4).jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20200907_115755380 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200907_115755380 (2).jpg
    180 KB · Views: 162
  • Predator 1.jpg
    Predator 1.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 167
George Lesche
Top of the line shovels and hand digging tools. I own at least ten of his tools. When not out hunting I am in my many gardens and us the tools there also. And much of the time I am trying to get the diggers from my wife she uses them as much as I do in her gardens. Just purchased two more last week. They will last for ever just don't leave them out side all winter long. Lesche tools best made for many uses.

I like the Root Slayer mini shovel. At about $30 they are tough and work extremely well. They have a large O-handle which isn’t bad, but can always cut it off and replace it with a D-handle taken from a worn out snow shovel.
Also I like but don’t have a Lil-digger 29” serrated shovel. Available for $59 w/ free shipping on eBay.
All 5 of my detectors have their own backpack and their own shovel ( all are 29” long or less) so whichever I use there’s a shovel without switching around. I have a couple Predator tools Raptor fitted with a D-handle, a couple root slayer mini’s and a Lesche mini-Sampson serrated ( also with my own D-handle cause I don’t like T-handles)
By the way the Raptor with D-handle is something you can get away with in parks.

I use this when I need a larger shovel. Works well, plus it folds to fit in my pack when not needed

Attachments

• 1DC6CB0F-CC2C-4F1A-844C-27E85CC893FB.jpeg
    1DC6CB0F-CC2C-4F1A-844C-27E85CC893FB.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 15B96A08-4692-4B03-9B89-6DE3FD67851D.jpeg
    15B96A08-4692-4B03-9B89-6DE3FD67851D.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 127