Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver, and a crusted 186?? two center....:minelab:

Back at my fav. park, temps a little warmer my first find of the day was a crusted 186?? two center after that some wheats, then a deep signal, about ten inches down a 1942-D merc it was good to get something good seeing it may be the last hunt of the season....

On that 2 cent coin. Get a small jar. Put the coin in it and just cover with olive oil. Than the next day while watching TV, take the coin out and lightly rub it between your fingers for about 20 minutes.
Look at it closely to see if that helps to read the date. You might have to put it back in until the next day. That's what I do to coins that are real bad. They are not much good like that so you can not do any more damage. I do that with my very bad coins. Some times it takes a few tries to get it where you can read the dates. Of course if the date is warren off, nothing you can do. After the oil bath, run hot water over it. That takes off the oil. It don't hurt to try... KEN

ken ward said:
On that 2 cent coin. Get a small jar. Put the coin in it and just cover with olive oil. Than the next day while watching TV, take the coin out and lightly rub it between your fingers for about 20 minutes.
Look at it closely to see if that helps to read the date. You might have to put it back in until the next day. That's what I do to coins that are real bad. They are not much good like that so you can not do any more damage. I do that with my very bad coins. Some times it takes a few tries to get it where you can read the dates. Of course if the date is warren off, nothing you can do. After the oil bath, run hot water over it. That takes off the oil. It don't hurt to try... KEN
Yah, thats what i do, let it soak in olive oil about to days after that i put it in the frezer for to days, it cracks the green junk off my take many times but works good...Thanks Ken..

Congrats on the finds and just being able to get out swinging. 10" dime , wow!

Great finds !