Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver coins,couple injuns,a gold merc!

Jim D

Hello guys ,its been awhile since I've posted because of dry weather , then sciatica back problems kept me from detecting
but a couple of weeks ago I started detecting short trips. I hunted a yard and got my 2nd half dollar(1945 D) and a couple of injuns,
the next day I got a 1945 merc and some wheaties. Yesterday I got a rosie and a merc and some wheaties.
Today I got out and hunted a big yard but only got a few wheaties,clad. I got permission across the street and their had been a trench dug
and covered back and right next to it I got a 46 conductive only about an inch deep. I dug down and out popped a gold colored merc!:surprised:
Check it out! Thanks for looking! HH

Outstanding! Is that merc gold plated? Some sort of novelty? It would sure be cool if its solid gold..that strange little stamp on it has got me wondering?...hope your back gets to feeling better..
Mud

the "stamp" on that gold merc looks like a diamond to me....nge

nge said:
the "stamp" on that gold merc looks like a diamond to me....nge

I was thinking the same thing. Sure is a unique one for sure! Congratulations on the finds Jim. Thanks for the pictures and I hope you get 100% on your back.

NebTrac

Its not a diamond but I'd say it was on a braclet that may have been broken off. Here is the back side.

Great finds - the gold Merc is really unique - congrats !

maybe was just "diamond cut" to make it look like one....nge