Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Dollar Day

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. We've been very busy at work and I haven't had the opportunity to go hunting much. I did get a chance to go to an old church that I've been wanting to hunt for a long time. I was told that it had been hunted many times, but I still wanted to try. It was a least an hour before my girlfriend and I found a coin, but the very first one was a loud sweet silver sounding 1-48 Fe-Co and out popped a 1879 Morgan Silver Dollar. I just couldn't believe it, I think my heart skipped a beat, it made my year and it's just January. We didn't find much else, a couple of wheats and $3.78 in clad. I will going back when I get a chance, there's bound to be something else there. Sorry, not the best pics.

Mike

So jealous. Still waiting for my first silver dollar. Excellent find.

Awesome hunt. Doesn't seem like that church was all that hunted out, or you are just better than the previous hunters. Congrats on a great recovery! Thanks for sharing. HH -Marc

congrats on an absolutely "stunning" find!
this was your day to shine,and it proves ,once again,
ya never get it all!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

What an incredible find and to think how others could have missed it! I wonder? How deep was she?

Great job.
EMS

earthmansurfer said:
What an incredible find and to think how others could have missed it! I wonder? How deep was she?

Great job.
EMS

She was only about 41/2 inches deep, but it was up next to a concrete slab, so you could only swing the detector one way. They said the place has been hunted before and that was the only silver we found. We found a couple of wheats and $3.78 in clad, but all the clad was fairly new and in a different area.

That is awesome!!!! I would be rolling all over the ground like a mad man if I found that.

Wow ... a 1800's silver dollar - that's fantastic !!! :cheers:

very awesome, I found one last year so I know what kind of high your on right now:clapping: Great job and HH.

Nice find! That one find made it worth the trip!

I have found quite a few silver halves, but still waiting on the elusive silver dollar. If I ever find a silver dollar any witness will probably think I have gone crazy because the silver dance will be so energetic!!