Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver dollar spill

ironman200081

Ok, it's just a spill of two Morgans, but it doubled my silver dollar lifetime total! I was hunting for Civil War relics with my digging partner (we both swing the CTX), and thought I was digging up a belt plate at first until the large silver disc shot out of the dirt. After the shock wore off, I re-scanned the area and got an identical signal. Sure enough, Morgan number two emerged. It was a good day, to say the least. We found some Civil War relics also and, not to be outdone, my partner dug an 18k gold men's ring that has probably $500 of gold in it. I made a video clip of the VID numbers on the second coin, in case you want to take a look.

IMG_20191201_215924007.jpg

Incredible Bryan ! That must’ve woke you up pretty quick! Can you imagine back in the day running around with 5 of those things in your pocket??? You guys found a hell of a spot, congrats to you both!

Thanks fellas! It does make me wonder how they got there. Was it a hunter? Hiker? Or maybe a gentleman taking his lady into the woods for a little alone time? I just hope he wasn't counting on those Morgans to buy her dinner that night!

Nice finds! found two in my 4 years detecting well a morgan and a peace dollar! well the morgan had a walker right next to it!

I was about 300 yards away. I get a text. "where are you at?" I text back " I just dug a 1908 Barber dime!". I get a text back " I just dug a Morgan". I turn off my machine and head towards him only to hear. "I found a spill, 2 Morgans!"
I've never found a silver dollar in 45 yrs of digging and he finds 2 in one day! I dig a 18k gold ring smh...

Nice Work! Now you are primed and ready for the $20 Double Eagles. That's how it works, seeing you have found gold already. Like things attract. Keep up the Good Work!