Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Man Suprise!

OK, got a BIG SURPRISE! I thought I was digging yet another Beer Can...Then Surprise! 12'' deep silver signal on the Etrac. Silver Man shows if face. 1864 date on the back, sterling silver book mark. Don't mind the digger scratch
Enjoy!

Different for sure. What a surprise. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

A very unique find - congrats !

All, thank you for the comments. I will have to weight it for scubadetector and update. As for research, I have been unable to find any thing close to the silver man?

that IS really cool.....that's an antique.....very very cool...

http://www.silverbookmarks.com/Bookmark.aspx?BookmarkID=961&index=0&all=961,848,1224

This bookmark was made in the US by J.F. Fradley. It is marked on the back with sterling,
the manufacturers hallmark of a cross, the number 1864, the number 36, and Benedict.
This is a figure of the Shakespeare character from the play Much Ado About Nothing.
The date is 1870 - 1936.

Date: 1901 - 1910
Manufacturer: J.F. Fradley
Materials: Silver
Origin: US
Shape: Person
Shape: Shakespeare
Size: 1 1/2" W x 4 3/8" H

Mike, WOW! Thank you so much for solving this mystery! My wife says thanks as well. We have been so puzzled and unable to find the correct websites hat had the info. You nailed it. Thanks so much! :clapping:

Now we need that guy from Antique Roadshow to chime in and tell you it's worth $125,000!! :)

Have you weighed it?

Alright, here is the weight.

That has got to be the one of neatest finds I've ever. Thanks for sharing.

Wow guys! Thank you for all the kind comments :detecting: