Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Peso

ryanchappell

I received permission to detect a house built in 1930 by a wealthy individual, in a formerly nice area. I found a nice big silver coin. 16.66 grams total, .720 fine silver, 0.385 troy oz silver content.

[attachment 266350 pesogrfr.jpg]

[attachment 266351 pesogrbk.jpg]

When I found it I thought it was my first Franklin. I did not realize how much bigger it was until I got home. Interestingly, it actually has less silver than a US half, 0.385 vs 0.42 tr oz.

[attachment 266352 pesoCompare.jpg]

looknforgold said:
Awesome finds...congrats on some killer finds

Oops the last photo is for comparison. I only found the peso this time. The walker was found elsewhere and the peace was given to me. There is no way I could ever catch all the mistakes I make in a post in the 30 minute time limit findmall gives you for editing.

Great find - congrats !