Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Quarters, Thick Silver Ring with Small Diamond and Small-Town Merchant Tokens

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last few weekend hunts. Most of the finds were pulled from North Dakota with a few coming from Minnesota.
All finds were found at public researched city parks and old schools. My XP Deus 2 machine was used to pull all finds.
My energy is still not 100% yet but I am finally getting over pneumonia and bad cold I had a few weeks ago.

I pulled the heavy silver 925 ring on Saturday. It weighs in at .47 ounces or 13.2 grams. I tested the small diamond, and it is the real deal.
It is so thick it looked like part of a pipe in the ground.
I have also been lucky the past few weekends for merchant tokens also. 2 are unlisted and all were pulled from towns with a population of 100 or less.
I pulled the padlock yesterday and was happy to get that. It was about a foot deep.
thanks for looking everyone!

Coin Finds
1904 Barber, Dateless SLQ (non-first year), 1938,1963 quarters
7 silver dimes (6 mercury dimes and a 1931 Canadian)
Nickels back to 1911
1883,1902,1904 Indian Head Penny
21 Wheat pennies not shown back to 1912 (closeup of 1922D Wheat Penny is shown. Made my heart jump since 1922 plain is the holy grail of wheat pennies)
1940s Canadian Penny

Other Finds
Heavy 925 silver and diamond ring
5 Merchant Tokens (2 are unlisted, square one is a pool hall token, also the small brass one is the first heart cutout one I have ever found)
2 Charms Candy Teddy Roosevelt Coins (these can go back to the 1930s)
Old Hol-Tite 6 lever Padlock (I would be surprised if this is not 1800s)
Singer Sewing Machine faceplate
Jingle bell
Fancy Reigns guide
Broadhead arrow tip
Bike Horn button
Old Knife
SilverRing925Stamp.jpg
SilverRingFront.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
BarberQuarterReverse.jpg
CanadianDimeReverse.jpg
RingOnScale.jpg
Tokens.jpg
Padlock.jpg
SundayFinds.jpg
GroupShot.jpg

All very nice. Glad you are feeling better.

with silver at $32 an ounce currently, some very tasty finds indeed!

Nice finds Dave I wish I could go the distances you go I'm sticking to the river for awhile.
Mark

Update to my other post on the lock.
I have two reprint issues of old Sears and Robuck catalogs…one is an 1897 issue and the other one is 1902.
Though it does not show that particular brand, there are several shown like that style and are also 6 lever locks.
Price was 40 cents.
Hope this helps some in dating your lock.

I have the 1902 copy of the Sears & Robuck catalog also. I use it from time to time, usually to check some piece of old plated jewelry or household item. It is very illustrative. A 1897 copy would be nice to have too.

I am always amazed at the finds you make!
I know you were a dedicated ETrac user and wondering if you receive as much tone / nuance information with the Deus 2?

Thanks Jimmy. Yes, I do. With the different tone options and the equalizer there is a lot of customization a person can do to relay more information to you.
Also, the lighter weight is a great added incentive as my shoulders and arms just couldn't handle swinging that etrac anymore. The XP Deus 2 separation + depth is outstanding.
Dave
I am always amazed at the finds you make!
I know you were a dedicated ETrac user and wondering if you receive as much tone / nuance information with the Deus 2?

Thanks Jimmy. Yes, I do. With the different tone options and the equalizer there is a lot of customization a person can do to relay more information to you.
Also, the lighter weight is a great added incentive as my shoulders and arms just couldn't handle swinging that etrac anymore. The XP Deus 2 separation + depth is outstanding.
Dave
Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated!