Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver spill..

EOS

Went out today with my E-trac and had a go in the park close to the mansion.
Walked to a part I havent searched on before.

After 30 minutes I got a high pitch iron tone with a mix of a lower signal.I was running the ET open,no disc,and I was glad for that.Im almost certain I would missed this targets if I have used discrimination.

On top it was big iron,I started to dig and found 5 ore 1874 at 12-34.I lifted up the iron which was a stainless steel knife blade from a hunting knife.Went over the dig and got a solid 09-41. There the Oscar II silver crown was together with a silver 25 ore both 1881.

Put the plug back,listened once again and got a really good signal again in the plug.There was a old jack-knife. Just beside the knife I lifted up another tree coins,2 ore.

Searched the area rigorously and got a 12-31 on the display. Another silvercoin was recovered.A 10 ore 1881.:clapping:

The silver coins were made the same year 1881 and was in cracking good condition.For this little hoard you could buy 3 chicken 1881 :) .
This was the last day on the permission. Happy to do such a nice find on the very last day.Its not the oldest finds,but nevertheless a very fun dig.

Mike

Thanks! Yes,they are nice coins.And in such good condition.
On this hunting ground I tend to go open most of the time.And slow,cus Im in no hurry.Funny is that 3 pocket spill have been found in the area,and very close to the highway,almost in the ditch.

This image show a spill I found 50 yards or so from the latest.Even this one had 3 silver in the spill??

Mike

Great compliments on unraveling that signal! :please::clapping: I doubt most hunters would have...great skill, and wonderful coins with a mystery as to the multiple 3 silver spills in one area, perhaps it was a fellows weeks pay lost several times due to a poor seamstress..:shrug:.!
Mud

All nice finds. Great job on your part!

Very Nice!!!
Bunker

Hunting in heavy iron can be a real challenge - congrats on the great finds !
Where are you located Mike ?

Thanks guys!

Im located to hours west of Stockholm.
And I like the challenge of a heavy iron contaminated search ground :)

Mike

Thanks! Like my camera. Yes,dont see many faces here....haha..

I found this rare little silver 25 ore 1871 just where I parked my bicycle.A stabil 09-41 with the Etrac and Ultimate coil.That coil is really good.Heavy,yes,but no falsing and I think it have better pinpointing then the stock.
But the size of stock coil is perfect.

Mike

Haha...thanks,very flattering!

For the finds I use the iPhone 4s with the applikation Camera+.That mobile phone have a great little lens.
Other images,Canon EOS 5D MKII,fantastic camera. Favorite lens must be EF 70-200mm 2.8 IS II...super sharp bit of glass :)

This image show my oldest coin(150 BC) found in UK last fall, and documented with the iphone 4s.Its tack sharp,and perfect for field use.

Mike

EOS said:
Haha...thanks,very flattering!

For the finds I use the iPhone 4s with the applikation Camera+.That mobile phone have a great little lens.
Other images,Canon EOS 5D MKII,fantastic camera. Favorite lens must be EF 70-200mm 2.8 IS II...super sharp bit of glass :)

This image show my oldest coin(150 BC) found in UK last fall, and documented with the iphone 4s.Its tack sharp,and perfect for field use.

Mike

You must be a photographer too then? Not many people carry around $4,000 worth of camera equipment :drool:

Yes! Thats what I do for living,taking photos.
And searching. My two biggest hobbies :)

Mike