Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver warble

hershey1

Changed my threshold pitch to 18 and it sounds great. I was used to that sweet sound on my other minelab now my E-Trac sounds the same. No doubt about what is under my coil now. You might want to try this and see if it helps. HH :minelab:

Thanks Hershey, I'll give it a go!
HH,
Bunker

im always interested in trying something new i will give it a go thanks for sharing happy hunting all of you

If you turn the Threshold pitch all the way up, that silver warble sounds like Tarzan. :rofl:

Rich

Don't turn it all the way up. I have had a Safari for two years and got used to the silver tone it made and wanted the E-Trac to sound the same on silver and with the threshold pitch up to 18 both machines sound the same. HH :minelab:

I'm going to give that a try. I wear two hearing devices and hearing different tones is a bit of a problem. I can not tell the difference between silver and clad coins. The only real difference I hear is the sound of the larger coins, like quarters (really high pitch tone), and the I.D. numbers aren't always that accurate. Found a 1923 Mercury dime at three inch's the other day that read 11/43 and sounded just like a copper penny.

The area I found the Mercury dime in has a history of shallow silver coins, but because of the many public functions held there every year is just littered with copper/zink pennies, clad dime and quarters. I always dig the quarters but get tired of getting up and own for the pennies that for the most part read just like a dime. Hope it helps me. Rick IL

I thougth I treid that some time ago,. But Im gonna try agian as I would love to get the sound of silver to come in better prior to the dig. Thankx doin it tonight...the setting at 18 that is.

can someone explain to a new user (me). i thought threshold pitch is just for the threshold. you mean if i change the threshold, i end up changing ALL of the sounds the machine makes?

Moonshine,
Your are right in a sense that the threshold is just the pitch of the constant sound but it also will change the pitch of all the sounds on your xy scale by some amount. If you do not have enough deferentiation then the threshold will hide the signal of a good coin.

I have to experiment with the setting of 18 working good for the silver warble to be sure of that first as it would be a big deall to me if I can get that Explorer warble that I was used to.

Goes4ever said:
I have mine set at 29
Me to Goes4ever.---In fact I always have mine set at 29 or maxed out at 30.-----I have had the threshold pitch on all my Explorers/Etrac maxed out like that (EX XS, EX II, EX SE & now the Etrac).-----Had it that way for years!-----Love that sweeeet silver sound!----------Del

I think to get the silver warble of the Explorer you would have to set it different than the safari sound. There are some former Explorer user's on this forum who have set their E-trac up to mimic the Explorer silver warble. Maybe they can chime in.

Moonshine threshold and threshold pitch are two different adjustments. Hit menu then go across to audio. Scroll down until you see threshold pitch. It is factory set at 15 hit right or left arrow and go up to 18 and try that. You may want more or less. When you find the tone you like then hit detect and you are all set. If you don't like any of them then do a factory reset. My ears and headphones like 18 but that is why they have adjustments. What ever works for you. HH :minelab:

thanks for the replys to my question. i will play around with the threshold pitch in my test garden on my buried silver.