Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex New Generation series

GaryB

Recently announced. Three different machines, the Simplex Lite, the Simplex BT, AND THE Simplex Ultra. The Lite is a very basic machine with out any bluetooth capability. The Simplex BT ( stands for blue tooth) will be the direct replacement for the current Simplex+. The Ultra has some additional settings and headphones are included in the package. The operating frequency has been upped from 12 kHz to 15 KHz on all three models. No pricing or release date announced yet.

So my new 3 week old Simplex+ is outdated already and no future updates????
Yep, you got caught short just like some new Equinox 600 and 800 owner's did. To add insult to injury you can now buy a Simplex package that includes a pinpointer & pouch, finds bag, digger& sheath, headphones and a freakin' hat for $339.

Changing the frequency to 15khz is a plus to me anyway. Around here it’s definitely a hot frequency that hits good on everything from coins to small jewelry at great depths.
Just like the latest tesoro models did running at about 15khz. Depends on your soil but the tesoro’s that ran those frequencies were hot detectors that alot of people used and liked.
Had they had that originally i might have bought the simplex instead.
Maybe its to get ahead of the new Xterra vlf coming out

Just need more info on the Simplex Ultra . Minelab has the new Exterra on their website. I would like to have a nice detector that I can get in the water with for freshwater/ beach hunting that can serve as a backup or loaner…… sometimes I offer that to homeowners to use and that gets me a definite yes permission.

Just need more info on the Simplex Ultra . Minelab has the new Exterra on their website. I would like to have a nice detector that I can get in the water with for freshwater/ beach hunting that can serve as a backup or loaner…… sometimes I offer that to homeowners to use and that gets me a definite yes permission.
I don’t think either one of those is really ideal for the beach especially salt water.
A Nox 900 or Legend would be better suited. As a spare the legend at $400 is excellent especially the fact it’s waterproof. An inexperienced homeowner might accidentally get it wet lol

I'm okay with the new stuff coming but I doubt if I will feel a need to get one. I'm extremely happy with my original machine. The first time I took my Simplex out, I felt that I knew what it was telling me right off the bat.....after a year now using it, there's no need to upgrade from it.....but what will I do with the Legend I bought myself for Xmas now....smiles.

I'm okay with the new stuff coming but I doubt if I will feel a need to get one. I'm extremely happy with my original machine. The first time I took my Simplex out, I felt that I knew what it was telling me right off the bat.....after a year now using it, there's no need to upgrade from it.....but what will I do with the Legend I bought myself for Xmas now....smiles.
NM just announced the price of the legend us going up after this month so you got it at a good time

I am kind of interested in that new X Terra Pro that ML is putting out soon.....there's just too many choices at the moment....smiles.
Yeah been looking at it, for $260 doesn’t look bad but can it offer anything the legend doesn’t is the question

Your right.....it doesn't really make sense to buy another detector when I have two of the best out there for my personal needs. Not counting my Silver Sabre, the Vanquish 540, my At Pro etc....smiles.

Now we wait for updates. Seems both Minelab and Nokta rushed to show off their new machines but haven't told us anything else since the announcements. Although I think Minelab is ahead of the game with the new Xterra Pro as there are already test videos out. Nokta didn't even have the new Simplex coils on their new models. They were supposed to be at Digstock so I am hoping to see some videos of both brands from that event.

I read somewhere that the Simplex New Generation line up at the trade show were non working mock ups. If that’s the case then they are still in engineering and not even close to production yet. I haven’t seen any video test on them yet.

Well I went ahead and bought the X Terra Pro from Cabela's, I used it twice and have no complaints what so ever. I used the CoilTek 10x5 coil for my testing and found it to be a very good match as far as balance and performance on the XTP. The pinpointing feature is really good on the XTP, and the VDI reporting system is very close to the Simplex. The machine is light weight and full of nice features for what you pay. I did think the hand grip was a bit thick for my hand but that wasn't a huge deal. Overall....a very good detector for the money.
I made the decision to sell the XTP and stay with my Simplex. Thanks to FM and it's members for your support of the hobby and for your fellowship.
Steve

So my new 3 week old Simplex+ is outdated already and no future updates????
No, your machine is not outdated. I doubt the simplex ultra will find anything your simplex + won’t. Few options is all Im seeing,few kHz difference in frequency but the simplex + is already a hot machine do I’m not seeing where you’ll benefit from that. Square tones would of been a deal breaker tho for many users

I've been enthusiastic about the simplex... I'm feeling like it might be time to look at getting one....

So I own the Garrett ATMax , the Fisher F22 and the MineLab GoldMonster 1000 and I am looking at the Simplex+ and this new ultra that is suppose to come out and just wondering if it has any advantages than my current line up?:garrett::fisher::minelab: