Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SLQ, Seated & Barbers... Oh My!

Sooper Dave

I had a chance to get out over the weekend to dig. I had my youngest daughter with me so we drove out to a location I have been wanting to ask permission for years. This spot had an old church and old school on it according to the maps but has been long gone. Now it has a huge church on the property and has been a little difficult to find the right way to ask. Well we lucked up as there was a nice gentleman there and he told us to have fun looking around any time we wanted. It was a slow start as we were trying to find some original ground and could tell a lot had been moved around and filled. I focused on the edges and got a nice sounding 12-45 down deep, dug down and popped out a silver dime. I was hoping for something older and with a rinse we could see a nice 1887 Seated dime there in the soil! Excited by that find and knew we were in the right area. Got back to it and found a more modern sterling band. Not too far from there I got a nice 12-47 and dug out a beautiful 1925 SLQ, one of the better ones I've dug. We got back at it and found a nice 3 ringer and a US Cavalry coat button. I was excited to find some Civil War relics as this place is also in a great area for that. The finds started to slow down and we dug a nice small key and then the Presbyterian pin. It was getting late and on the way out we lucked up on a beautiful 1914 Barber dime. Not far from there I got a 12-41 signal, dug out a thin silver and thought for sure we had a much older dime but was a 1902 Barber dime that was in a fire. This turned out to be an awesome hunt and we had to stop for ice cream for the ride back home. I am looking forward to spending some more time back at this old site.

60B2NtJ.jpg
YhiS7Aq.jpg

L0qxf7T.jpg
ecLdp7M.jpg

lbK3bHx.jpg
ugn30a6.jpg

Uc5Epzj.jpg
q6TzzyT.jpg

D2T091X.jpg
FB9JH1M.jpg

5K4W9Uq.jpg
nmkYMYC.jpg

37IR0Dr.jpg
509kL84.jpg

I had a chance to get out over the weekend to dig. I had my youngest daughter with me so we drove out to a location I have been wanting to ask permission for years. This spot had an old church and old school on it according to the maps but has been long gone. Now it has a huge church on the property and has been a little difficult to find the right way to ask. Well we lucked up as there was a nice gentleman there and he told us to have fun looking around any time we wanted. It was a slow start as we were trying to find some original ground and could tell a lot had been moved around and filled. I focused on the edges and got a nice sounding 12-45 down deep, dug down and popped out a silver dime. I was hoping for something older and with a rinse we could see a nice 1887 Seated dime there in the soil! Excited by that find and knew we were in the right area. Got back to it and found a more modern sterling band. Not too far from there I got a nice 12-47 and dug out a beautiful 1925 SLQ, one of the better ones I've dug. We got back at it and found a nice 3 ringer and a US Cavalry coat button. I was excited to find some Civil War relics as this place is also in a great area for that. The finds started to slow down and we dug a nice small key and then the Presbyterian pin. It was getting late and on the way out we lucked up on a beautiful 1914 Barber dime. Not far from there I got a 12-41 signal, dug out a thin silver and thought for sure we had a much older dime but was a 1902 Barber dime that was in a fire. This turned out to be an awesome hunt and we had to stop for ice cream for the ride back home. I am looking forward to spending some more time back at this old site.

60B2NtJ.jpg
YhiS7Aq.jpg

L0qxf7T.jpg
ecLdp7M.jpg

lbK3bHx.jpg
ugn30a6.jpg

Uc5Epzj.jpg
q6TzzyT.jpg

D2T091X.jpg
FB9JH1M.jpg

5K4W9Uq.jpg
nmkYMYC.jpg

37IR0Dr.jpg
509kL84.jpg
That is amazing....all the good ones ....SOOPER Hunt !....Great post !

Excellent research and recovery!! That SLQ is mint!!

DAVE!!!! Been missing your posts and this is why. What an incredible haul and beautiful coins to boot. 👍

Very nice,congrats