Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

small coil..probably been asked before

CanadaDig

Hi,

Im getting a small coil for my birthday but dont know what to tell my wife I need, I want a good one that does not break the bank over $200...any suggestions.

SunRay X5, EXcelerator 8X6 SEF, EXcelerator 6" DD EXcelerator EQ 2 Pro all good small coils.

The Joey is a good coil to. I did not mention it, because it's around $250.00.

The 8x6 Excellarator has a good reputation, Goes4ever uses one and has done well I really like my Sunray X-8 but those are really "midsize coils" the really small ones are for really special sites. A mid size like the two mentioned do well in trash or iron loaded sites but are also big enough to be usuable about anywhere.

I've used the 6" Excellerator coil for approx. 1000 hrs. - made tons of great finds with it - it goes deep ( 8" + Dimes ) - real good separation in iron - great in tight spots and a major plus ... it's not an open spoked coil so ... no hangups on brush stubble - its also very reasonably priced.

Good Luck !

Bell-Two said:
The 8x6 Excellarator has a good reputation, Goes4ever uses one and has done well I really like my Sunray X-8 but those are really "midsize coils" the really small ones are for really special sites. A mid size like the two mentioned do well in trash or iron loaded sites but are also big enough to be usuable about anywhere.

yep as Tony said the SEF 6x8 is amazing. it gets ALMOST as deep as my pro coil. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Sunday X5 fan here. When I'm in trash it's really heavy and that's where that little gem shines. Separates like a scalpel.

CanadaDig said:
would it be redundant to have both the 6x8 and the sunray5?....

Depends on how much money you want to spend. There is a place for both. The X5 fits in the smallest of spaces and provides the best separation. The 6X8 gives you more coverage and can be used both as a small and medium coil. Some folks use the 6X8 as their everyday coil.