Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small coil shipping dates???

You're funny! Once ANYTHING is known, it will spread through the forum like a wildfire. We're all waiting for accessories of one type or another to be released.

TinCanBeach said:
It will ship on the next Equinox! Lol!

I poked fun at the last person who made a comment like that about the detector, and then I didn't get mine until the spring equinox. At this point, anything is possible!

TinCanBeach said:

Actually, it won't be available until after the fall release of the Equinox 1000 featuring the dual numbering system FE/CO ala FBS units, and will come with a 3 coil package (6", 11", 15") along with the introduction of a SunRay style built-in probe that will report the signal exactly the same as the 1000 does. Unfortunately, the MSRP is going to be $1695. Once these start shipping, the other accessory coils will be available...
[size=x-small]just kidding, but wouldn't it be great? other than the price...[/size]

HighPlainsHunter said:

Actually, it won't be available until after the fall release of the Equinox 1000 featuring the dual numbering system FE/CO ala FBS units, and will come with a 3 coil package (6", 11", 15") along with the introduction of a SunRay style built-in probe that will report the signal exactly the same as the 1000 does. Unfortunately, the MSRP is going to be $1695. Once these start shipping, the other accessory coils will be available...
just kidding, but wouldn't it be great? other than the price...

I want one!

Just makes you wonder at what point will people start loosing interest ...... ive noticed more LIGHTS WENT ON over which detector to choose recently. Id suspect if another decent machine was announced ....... we would be seeing more accessories. Keep dangling that carrot........ eventually people wont care....... they will see it as just another SNAFU and use what they have...... especially as the hype dwindles and more honest posts are made.

I had heard the factory that makes the coils was all shifts and all personnel making the standard coil, and when back orders were caught up they would use a shift or two a week to make the small and huge coils. It sounded logical to me but it appears the back orders havent been filled sufficiently to start on the small coils. The wait time on the Equinox has to be dropping somewhat, so why not use at least one shift or entire day, to make the small coils and get them started shipping also? Not as much dollar profit in that probably, but it would certainly work toe Minelab's advantage to have the small coil out there being run and results posted. Can you hear me Minelab? One day a week from the coil factory for small coils, thats all we ask!

I work in one of the most technologically advanced automotive parts supplier factories in the U.S. We make components for nearly all the big vehicle manufacturers worldwide. As advanced as our machines are, changeovers to different products are often a nighmare. We can run several products on each line, but it often takes a whole shift or at least the majority of one, to work all the bugs out after each changeover. Therefore, small runs are often (almost always) counter productive, because once you get the kinks worked out for the small run, you have to undo all of it when you go back to your bigger runners, to get those to run well again. Minelab and their suppliers are not as big of a company as the one I work for and I would imagine their assembly lines are mostly manual vs ours being automated, which could make it faster or slower.

The only thing the 6 inch coil has going for it in a timely manner is that it appears to use the same coil housing as the CTX 6 inch, which may cut down on setup for the molders if they are injection molded.
IMO, the 11 inch Equinox coil is better than most other detectors with a small coil attached anyway. It does make one wonder though, at what level of unmasking the 6 inch will bring to the table.

Daniel, no disagreement at all, I understand the shift changeovers and product changeover issue. Im my case, the 11" 800 coil has so much going on under the coil that in the areas I hunt, building demolitions, I often cannot get a lock on one item with several there. The CTX small coil is a killer in those areas so I am looking forward to the small one for the 800. Yesterday on a house demolition, over 4 hours, I was able to pull wheats, and memorials, several clad dimes and quarters, a '26 buffalo nickel, and a 56 rosie with the 800. Several of those were spills that I could not get a lock on a specific target but dug anyway and in one hole got 4 wheats and 2 memorials. The CTX small coil allows me to separate them most of the time with far greater target ID.

According to an e-mail I got from Minelab coils and waterproof headphones are 4-6 weeks away. I doubt it but that’s what they are saying.