Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Smaller coils for the equinox

Not sure but I have a 6 inch coil and love it for trashy areas or getting close to playground stuff in the tot lots , the stock coils is great for all around hunting then the big coil works for me in large fields or freshwater beaches.

I don't see the need for one. I think the stock coil can do 95 percent of the work. I felt the same way about the CTX. The stock coils just do it all for me.

A 5x10 elliptical closed DD would be perfect for working iron and still getting some ground coverage. Would be a good prospecting coil as well.

We shall see, hopefully they do provide a few more choices.

dont know about closed Cal.... but that would be a good size coil. Always felt the 9" was a good sensitivity size coil. Best not hope for an 8"....... last time it was called an 8 but in reality it was a 7 1/2. If history repeats its self......coiltek would be more likely than ML. Id like to see NEL get into it. There are modes on the Nox that really warrant its own coils.

A 9 inch coil would be perfect, with that being said don't count on it.......

I'm waiting on sunray.. maybe a 8" coil or a pinpointer EQ-1?

Detech's 8x6 coil has been a great coil for my Whites detectors, and it has been great on both the Etrac and Explorer in FBS also. Detech seems to always introduce coils quickly.

The Nox is popular enough to warrant more choices for those that
want them. They’ll all be good sellers. For me, I have all 3 coils, the only one
I want for sure is a 9” or 10” concentric.

The last time i spoke to Ralph at SunRay he wasnt even doing the inline probs .... to expensive.... so i dont think he will just because of the cost of that chip in the coil. BUT..... this has been a real seller id say for ML...... shame if they dont take advantage of what the customer wants and NEEDS for improving the various modes.

Cal_Cobra said:
A 5x10 elliptical closed DD would be perfect for working iron and still getting some ground coverage. Would be a good prospecting coil as well.

We shall see, hopefully they do provide a few more choices.
Agree. To me its screaming out for a 10" elliptical for use in Gold mode. Have found some small pieces with it and just think one of those would take it to another level. Fingers crossed they make one.

Right now the only reason for me to keep hold of my ATPro are the 4.5 conical and the 15X17 Nel Big coils. some places you just need to go to the extremums.

You just can not put a 11 inch coil in a 9 inch trench and swing it! Likewise you would take a lifetime to search an acre for a lost set of car keys with a 4 inch coil.

My dad always told me to use the correct tool to complete the task at hand.