Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snow Snow Snow..!

fastdraw

I just started detecting again, after about a year and a half. So now that I'm getting back into it,.... I'm getting buried in snow.
I live at 6200 ft. and work at 4700 ft. Has any one ever detected in snow..???

Way back in 2003 a maintenance man lost all his keys while snow plowing the parking lot.
I found 17 of the 18. I went back a month later after the snow melted and found the last, lost key.

February 2015 - A schoolteacher lost two rings while out on a fire drill.
The school's janitor found the band, I found the diamond.
What a happy return that was!
1677314127902.jpeg

I just started detecting again, after about a year and a half. So now that I'm getting back into it,.... I'm getting buried in snow.
I live at 6200 ft. and work at 4700 ft. Has any one ever detected in snow..???
Yes, but it does take a lot more time and usually a lot fewer targets. Not to mention boots and gloves and additional layers. However, when the snow clears I'm out there for about an hour or more if I can stand it.
Good luck.

bottom of ski runs where sweaty skiers take off gloves

I detect in anything but rain. Christmas Eve it was 3 degrees with a negative 20 windchill. I lasted about 2 hours until my eyelashes froze. You can't hunt grass in that kind of weather only woods where the leaves protect and ground is not rock solid. 3 inches if snow is probably my limit though. Happy hunting!

I detect in anything but rain. Christmas Eve it was 3 degrees with a negative 20 windchill. I lasted about 2 hours until my eyelashes froze. You can't hunt grass in that kind of weather only woods where the leaves protect and ground is not rock solid. 3 inches if snow is probably my limit though. Happy hunting!
It looks like I'm not detecting for many many weeks. Damn..! Can you see my 5-ft. Fence posts..? The storm in Virginia City NV. Just stopped a few hours ago. You men go have fun, and show me your treasures.
20230301_074431.jpg

It looks like I'm not detecting for many many weeks. Damn..! Can you see my 5-ft. Fence posts..? The storm in Virginia City NV. Just stopped a few hours ago. You men go have fun, and show me your treasures.View attachment 37364
Yuck! Hope it melts off soon for you. We have bipolar weather here in Pittsburgh this year. One day 30 next 65 then back down. We have had 35 degree high temperature swings in one day quite a few times over the past 2 months.

It looks like I'm not detecting for many many weeks. Damn..! Can you see my 5-ft. Fence posts..? The storm in Virginia City NV. Just stopped a few hours ago. You men go have fun, and show me your treasures.View attachment 37364
I thought we had it bad. Maybe able to detect before the next storm saturday. Been going out between storms but not much success. Good luck digging out. Just finished mine.