Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So much for new update

I thought it was a requirement for updating to 1.0
I thought so too and that’s how I’ve done it but then I’ve heard of some going through the original update page…but perhaps that’s not a thing with 1.0.

When i plug it in during the install direction sequence nothing and when i unplug it takes the remote back to the beginning and start all over
Where i get stuck is at the screen in the end that i posted where it says “update “ with the arrow on bottom right
After that whatever i do goes back to the beginning
Haven’t tried to update anything else yet trying the remote first
Exact same here

I had the same issues. It charges but that's it. I tried on my home computer and at work. It must be what Mudwhale just mentioned. I will mess with it again later.
Its a 2017 laptop so I would think the port is fast enough im almost sure 3.0

I thought so too and that’s how I’ve done it but then I’ve heard of some going through the original update page…but perhaps that’s not a thing with 1.0.
Interesting. The original updater is on my pc but i don’t have chrome on it and didn’t want to change it so i put chrome on my Mac. Im almost sure thats where the problem is.
I will try today again. I don’t even know if everyone did 1.1 successfully or they are waiting lol

I got thru the updates ok after a couple of plunders
- I look for the update button on the XP web page but forgot to log into my new XP account. After I did that I hooked up immediately to the update page.
- I received the USB Error message as not being recognized. After thinking about it I realized I did not set the RC in the update mode.
- After getting to the UP Date I the went I plugged in the USB again the website confirmed I had Ver. 1.0. I then had to press the button to confirm I want Ver. 1.1. Easy auto play after that
- Updating the Puck - I had to turn off the RC to be able to put the Puck into the Update Mode.
- When I got the Puck into Update mode I plugged it in and it immediately recognized the WS6 Puck, Ver 1.0 and asked if I want to update to 1.1. Pressed yes and it did it in 15 sec.

Hope this reply helps. I think we need a new update every week so we get more practice on this...;)

Well I finally am having my problems updating to 1.1 with "USB error" messages. Hmmmm, though I had no such error going to 1.0 using this 2012 1/2 MacBook Pro with USB 3.0 ports and the Chrome browser. Last night I tried this first on the D2 remote and it is a brick now, powered on and stuck in the "UPDATE" screen with the return arrow to the far right. Many careful attempts and there is no going back either. The USB error message appears on the laptop screen and a quick "ERROR" appearing on the Deus 2 remote screen - kaput. To keep the battery charged since it won't power off I kept it connected to a USB charger since last night. At Least my WS6 and WSA 2 XL ver 1.0 are untouched, having stopped with the remote error. I'll put the remote, WS6 and XL's in my saddlebag and take putt over to my friend with a pretty new Dell. I'll report back to the forum. I'm bugged at how my mac had no issues going to 1.0 I swore I was not going to buy a Windows computer just for this stuff.
I help him with all his tech stuff because I retired after almost 36 yrs from working with mainframes, PC's and LAN support. Nice to have friend for 50 years, since we were in high school...maybe get a ride in today together ;-)

Had nothing to do with the port not being fast enough but rather the browser install on Mac
Was not able to get to the install screen shown until i got the computer working correctly once i got the screen it went smoothly. Thanks for the help though
If you haven’t seen these screens then that is probably the problem

Attachments

• IMG_3074.jpeg
    IMG_3074.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Well I finally am having my problems updating to 1.1 with "USB error" messages. Hmmmm, though I had no such error going to 1.0 using this 2012 1/2 MacBook Pro with USB 3.0 ports and the Chrome browser. Last night I tried this first on the D2 remote and it is a brick now, powered on and stuck in the "UPDATE" screen with the return arrow to the far right. Many careful attempts and there is no going back either. The USB error message appears on the laptop screen and a quick "ERROR" appearing on the Deus 2 remote screen - kaput. To keep the battery charged since it won't power off I kept it connected to a USB charger since last night. At Least my WS6 and WSA 2 XL ver 1.0 are untouched, having stopped with the remote error. I'll put the remote, WS6 and XL's in my saddlebag and take putt over to my friend with a pretty new Dell. I'll report back to the forum. I'm bugged at how my mac had no issues going to 1.0 I swore I was not going to buy a Windows computer just for this stuff.
I help him with all his tech stuff because I retired after almost 36 yrs from working with mainframes, PC's and LAN support. Nice to have friend for 50 years, since we were in high school...maybe get a ride in today together ;-)
I would try to clear your browser reboot your computer and log into your xp account again then plug your remote back in and try again

I would try to clear your browser reboot your computer and log into your xp account again then plug your remote back in and try again
Thanks - I’ll try that.

Thanks - I’ll try that.
I cleared the browser cache, reboot - same brick. Thanks again for the suggestions.
However using my friends Dell (edge browser - Firefox was incompatible) this afternoon everything went smooth, almost too easy, very happy. Next I will get over my test plot and also read up on user feedback for version 1.1

I cleared the browser cache, reboot - same brick. Thanks again for the suggestions.
However using my friends Dell (edge browser - Firefox was incompatible) this afternoon everything went smooth, almost too easy, very happy. Next I will get over my test plot and also read up on user feedback for version 1.1
Glad you got it. I guess its not 100% with a Mac yet. I must have got lucky

What stunned me was how easy I got 1.0 using my Mac and Chrome browser…then nuttin going to 1.1
Let’s hope this 1.1 is a keeper. I’ll be watching the usual YouTube characters who share a wealth of info. CB, TN, Gary Blackwell etc.

What stunned me was how easy I got 1.0 using my Mac and Chrome browser…then nuttin going to 1.1
Let’s hope this 1.1 is a keeper. I’ll be watching the usual YouTube characters who share a wealth of info. CB, TN, Gary Blackwell etc.
Yeah that’s weird it was the opposite for me with a Mac