Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So who is really on board?

woodchiphustler

I purchased the ForsCore early on and found it to be a great detector. One of my top three in 2014. Being left handed I found it awkward to use and had some concerns with the switches with dirt. Now both of those issues have been addressed The new Racer is now about to arrive and has many of the great features of the Core. So I will ask again. The Forums have allot of folks who talk a good game without ever using a product. So now is your chance to step up to the plate and help a company who is willing to work with the needs of their customer base. I have no dog in the hunt. I pay for and test all my detectors. I plan on purchasing the Racer Pro Pack. If I did not lose so many black probes I would get one of them to. How about you?

I was going to get the CoRe is spring but now will go with the Racer. You know me....I like to buy off the wall and less popular detectors. I always want a well balanced simple 2-3 tone machine with a simple VDI for scouting and bushwacking which now seems to be 90% of what I do. Since The Racer is reasonable price I don't mind giving it a go. Will replace my G2 which has always had issues on silver here...never completely trusted that and the GB on silver. Especially wen I dug an 8 reale at 8" inches in decent ground and it was a broken signal that I almost passed...and it was not on edge.
But for us up north spring can be June sometimes.....haha...no seriously this year probably May before the ground thaws...with no snow and arctic cold the frost will be feet deep...like 3 feet if this keeps up

Hope your on the mend Scott. Got a nerve problem that needs attention. Maybe spring for me also.

woodchiphustler said:
Hope your on the mend Scott. Got a nerve problem that needs attention. Maybe spring for me also.
yah on the mend but has been slow and very painful. Been seven weeks and still hooked to what they call a wound vac.
I found out the hard way what happens when you have abdominal surgery and you're overweight. Big bellies don't like to heal right.
But...by the time the ground thaws I will be long sinced healed.

Neither quite fits for my style of available detecting but either could prove to be valuable niche units for occasional hunts.
Like many , I'll wait to see a few demo videos , hopefully demonstrating those "nuanced" tones, before I'll jump but I doubt I'll be able to hold off throughout the Summer. :)

Definitely interested since I was looking at the new F75Ltd. I'm holding off on that. I too want to see and hear this in action first. A real video showing it hitting targets including how it reacts to trash like bottle caps. Basic depth tests on US coins, not air tests, would be nice. Monte's nail board test would also be nice to see.

Only a few of us do videos in the field where it counts. All I ever see is people throwing targets down a hole. I hope more people will do video's but never see many.

Only a few of us do videos in the field where it counts. All I ever see is people throwing targets down a hole. I hope more people will do video's but never see many.

My thoughts as well. I'm not impressed much by a freshly buried or even one on a stick slid in a hole in the ground. I can get that much from air tests. I'll wait to see some in the wild reports and videos. I watch for a machine that gets taken to that good old hard hunted park and starts pulling keepers.

The only reason I do my first videos on known buried targets is to get or give an idea of what to expect in the field. However they are always followed up with real world videos. I think both are useful but not solely fresh planted. I learn quite a bit from testing in a target garden before I run into the fields and trying to guess as I go.

I am in whole hog with Nokta/Makro. I buy most but not all of my detectors. In the last few months I bought a used F75, F19, and V3i. Got the FORS Gold for free but rather unlooked for I might say. Whether I buy them or not I only use what I think works best for me, as is usually represented in my current signature line. I add and delete stuff there as it happens; not what I get sent or otherwise acquire but what my real working stable of detectors is at any given time.

I plan on adding a Racer there soon!

I'll be getting the Racer pro pack as soon as it's available. Was about to get the Core and still might if it offers anything the Racer dosent. I have a feeling we're gonna see afew more new detectors from Nokta/Makro within a year or two.

If its deeper than the core, Im in.

I feel I am going to have to get one just to see how it will work for me and my hunting I do and compare it to some of my other detectors. We can read other post by some that have them and what works for them may not work for me, so the only way is to get one and try, if it not what I like I can resell it as this is the only way to do it so I will know for sure what it is like. I know I like what I see with the Fors Core and if the Makro Racer is like it then I just got to try it.

Rick

Just am gun shy after the CTX fiasco not working in salt water and minor glitches in another brand. I am personally rooting big time for Makro to take the industry by storm and shake things up.

waiting for racer tests but wifi headphones dont look as usuable and troublfree as the deus .
looks like they were an afterthought

Time will tell when its time to hit the field.:thumbup:

Did he state his price. Feel free to PM me