Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So who is really on board?

Naturally it will be the Pro Package as I want/need a smaller coil for the bulk of my trashier old sites. For open areas the stock 7X11.[size=small]2[/size] DD will do okay as well, but for that I'll likely have the FORS CoRe at-the-ready. I was curious what direction you might take with the Racer and a primary-use search coil. Have you already passed along the unit you got from me that's been working well so far nabbing those old buttons? I am with you in preferring the 5X10 DD standard coil on that model, but I have wondered if you're going to use the Racer with the stock 7X11.[size=small]2[/size] DD for a while to check the results, or jump right in and order the Makro 5.[size=small]5[/size]X10 DD?

From my Coin & Relic use in some of the same sites I worked one like you have/had, performance has been more than impressive.

It looks like Spring is going to be a fun hunting season for us, :thumbup: ... if our backs hold out.:stretcher:

Monte

Monte,

The unit that I got from you will be with me for many moons to come. You know what I love about the Racer? It looks cool. And I like the meter starring at me. And oh yes I have to have the Pro Package. Without it how would I be able to give the small coil its nickname " Monte" . :csflag:

Monte said:
Naturally it will be the Pro Package as I want/need a smaller coil for the bulk of my trashier old sites. For open areas the stock 7X11.[size=small]2[/size] DD will do okay as well, but for that I'll likely have the FORS CoRe at-the-ready. I was curious what direction you might take with the Racer and a primary-use search coil. Have you already passed along the unit you got from me that's been working well so far nabbing those old buttons? I am with you in preferring the 5X10 DD standard coil on that model, but I have wondered if you're going to use the Racer with the stock 7X11.[size=small]2[/size] DD for a while to check the results, or jump right in and order the Makro 5.[size=small]5[/size]X10 DD?

From my Coin & Relic use in some of the same sites I worked one like you have/had, performance has been more than impressive.

It looks like Spring is going to be a fun hunting season for us, :thumbup: ... if our backs hold out.:stretcher: I will go with the stock coil. The fields I hunt can snag your coil in the stubble so I prefer the solid types. The Cores coil worked fine. It will be an exciting year for sure. Let's make it through in one piece. Geo

Monte

I put in my order for the Pro package. Now the long wait until I get that tracking number.

I got the pro pack and Was told the first shipments will be in later in Feb and the ground may not be thawed enough by later in March, but hope it will thaw out sooner. This will give me a little time to do some test in my bar where there is a lot metal in the floor from nails, all my detectors get tried on this floor.
By March we should see some reports from those getting the first batch and maybe seeing even some used ones for sale from those that expect too much and if they are as good as most of us feel they will be they could be even harder to get as the next batch maybe all sold before they are shipped to the dealers and have to wait for the next batch that will come.

Rick

George I ordered the Pro Package last week. Looking forward to getting out and using it. Just got the New F75 Ltd II and it is a very quit machine. Haven't had the F19 out yet but headed to Culpeper in the next week or so to try both out.

Jim Robertson said:
George I ordered the Pro Package last week. Looking forward to getting out and using it. Just got the New F75 Ltd II and it is a very quit machine. Haven't had the F19 out yet but headed to Culpeper in the next week or so to try both out.

I for one will be interested in how they compare, good luck out there...I'm jealous...

Most of the older sites where I live have been pounded for years, but they are iron infested so I have hope that a detector like the FORS CoRe might help.

That said, I own a V3i and can't justify buying another land detector for a long while. If they end up making a waterproof (3m or so) CoRe or Racer i'm in.

I'm on board. I bought the Fors CoRe pro package,. I have a friend that has a F75 and a T2, another that has a CTX and a DFX. I personally have a XLT and a blistool V3i. I was going to buy the v6 but after watching video test of the Fors. I like the fact that the ferrous and non ferrous signals sound at the same time,so I know if there is a good target in with the iron. It's going to be interesting to see how it compares to the CTX and the F75 in the Field. I think I will still use the V3i for relic hunting but who knows. I have to see how well the 15" coil pounds the ground.

Lot of folks on board.

Think ill wait and make sure the boat floats before boarding.

this boat floats, and I'll suggest jumping on board now or be left on the dock.

I've been so impressed that I'm taking advantage of a little wait time for weather to improve to get to my favorite sites. There's no 'perfect' detector, but there are some seriously good and well above average detectors, and the FORS Coin & Relic is at the top of the list. My delayed time is now being spent thinning down several of my personal detectors, leaving me with a good assemblage of multi-purpose detectors that work the way I need them to, where I need them to, and do so without a lot of fluff.

Monte

OK I'm in. Who do I call to pre-order my Racer here in the states?

Thanks

close to the Nokta FORS CoRe, then it still might make a more-often-used Relic Hunting unit than the V3i.

I know all of us are on a wait-and-see time schedule, and I can't wait to get my hands on a Racer. About the only function I wish they would have incorporated is the ability to save-to-memory, but it should be a rather easy-to-adjust model to get into action. The good news is we're into February and the release is supposed to happen this month.

Monte

Monte said:
close to the Nokta FORS CoRe, then it still might make a more-often-used Relic Hunting unit than the V3i.

I know all of us are on a wait-and-see time schedule, and I can't wait to get my hands on a Racer. About the only function I wish they would have incorporated is the ability to save-to-memory, but it should be a rather easy-to-adjust model to get into action. The good news is we're into February and the release is supposed to happen this month.

Monte

Exactly my point, if it is close to the CoRe. Right now everyone is assuming it is.

If the boat floats in may board.

However, I seriously believe you will find yourself ....

shoover said:
I think I will still use the V3i for relic hunting but who knows.
.... using the FORS Coin & Relic much more for Relic Hunting than the V3i.

Lighter weight and comfortable balance.

Very responsive without some of the V3i's peculiar sweep requirements, such as needing a brief pause or hesitation after a sweep one direction before making a return sweep.

'Simple' start-up and getting into operation without a lot of tinkering.

... and 'simple' things you'll come to appreciate while still providing versatility.

shoover said:
I have to see how well the 15" coil pounds the ground.
For larger-size objects it should do well, but all tom often people picture larger [size=small](oversize ?)[/size] search coils a must-have to get coins, bullets, buttons and other smaller-size targets at almost extreme depths. In fifty years of detecting I know some targets can occasionally be located a bit deeper, but it doesn't happen all that often. Also, when it does, there usually going to be some trash targets, often shallower, that will mask a good response from a deeper-positioned good find.

I haven't hunted with my 13.[size=small]3[/size]X15.[size=small]5[/size] DD coil yet, other than some basic indoor teats, to really get to know how it will do afield. I hope to by the end of march when sites are available, but the stock coil will be used for most Relic Hunting needs, unless it is very trashy, in which case the small coil will be in use.

I'd suggest getting out now to a few places with the V3i, or any other detector you have, and search the locations. Then, without any recovery or ground disturbance, mark the located target. Then once you have a Nokta or Makro detector in-hand, go back to that same location, use the same detectors you have now to check the already located targets again. Verify their audio report and any visual info you might get. Then, put the Makro Racer and/or Nokta FORS Coin & Relic in your hand and check out their performance with the 'proper' settings for peak performance at your site.

I will be getting a Makro Racer Pro Package, and I will be giving it every test I do any other detector and working it afield. If the performance and results are much less that what I get from my Coin & Relic model, I will be very surprised. I don't think it will be much different at all, and that means it will be as good or better than most of the competition.

Biased and favorable opinions ... no charge,

Monte

looks like this old boat will sink before the racers even arrive ,overloading the cause ...