Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SoCal beaches open for detecting?

Goldstrike

I'm going to Newport/Balboa beaches this weekend and was wondering if the beaches are open to detect? I hear conflicting reports and I guess it all depends on what the California governor decides to do each day and week! Thanks in advance.

I'd go at night I detect a lot at night .
Mark

Thanks Mark. So I'm figuring they are open but probably masks and social distancing is in place? I'll be detecting during the daytime.

I tried Laguna and Aliso Saturday. Laguna was not bad. I hunted 7am til 10:45am and most people were walking their dog or getting exercise and many had masks. After that I went to Aliso - ton of people, few or no masks, parking lot full so I gave up. So go early or evenings. Cams at Laguna, Newport, and the Wedge. Aliso Ranch cam may be down.

Thanks for that info. I actually dont mind too much detecting when the beach has just a few beach goer's but when it gets crowded, Im gone until the last few people leave usually around 7pm ish. Yes, I would generaly agree about going early morning or late evening but even them, I know guy's that detect at night. I miss the good old days when people actually wore real gold and silver jewellry and not tunsten or titanium rings. Still, a guy can find nice items and that dose'nt stop me from going as often as I can!! Looking forward to the covid easing up and more people enjoying the beaches.

Hey GS, hope all is well. Glad that you have the opportunity to get back to your old stomping grounds in SoCal. We moved in March from NJ to north Fla, I've been hitting the beaches with the Nox 800 (Safari remains on deck) Nothing great found but the scenery and water are great. I do miss relic hunting in woods and fields back "home". Clad and junk are my finds from this am. I just missed low tide but may try again tomorrow for the elusive color.

Attachments

• beachcoins.jpg
    beachcoins.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 105