Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

software needed

just lookin

I just got a Garmin Etrek, and I am going to purchase the cable to hook up to my pc, what software will I need to down load from my gps to my pc? Thanks

Andrew, I don't know the model, it is a etrek, and it is yellow and black. And what I would like to do, is if I went and hunted a spot and made way points, i would like to download in to my pc, and make a map. I don't know if that is possible.

Looks like it's a basic (non mapping) model. That's OK. The data can still be downloaded to the computer and displayed over a map.
Tow of the softwares that I'm using and recommending (and selling one of them):
TTQV see my website www.canadianmaps.ca
OziExplorer see www.oziexplorer.com
In addition to software, you will need a cable.
Ready maps may be useful as well but both of the above can work with a "blank map".
Make sure to try before you buy (both of the above have free demo versions).
There are other software titles that do the job as well. It is a bit of a Ford vs Chevy thing... everybody has it's favourite ;-)