Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Software Upload Suggestion

5900_XL-1

I've discovered that a factory preset still leaves my old custom settings, and that isn't a total reset/preset. I suggest viewing your settings to see if everything was reset, and if it isn't, power off and do another FP and check again. I have done several software changes and had some odd behavior in the first ones. I just assumed that the FP was iron clad.

It can't hurt to preset until you get an absolute clean sweep of all settings. Hope this helps.

Ok set all parameters to non default values and do a hard reset and let us know if they aren’t cleared.

Some of the settings are global, some are semi-global, and then one of the detecting modes is saved under the User Profile. The latter is not affected by FP unless you switch the detector to it, and then do a FP.
In my view it's very possible that the updates leave some of the settings alone, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I would do a FP of every mode used by the detector to return it to factory settings, and then install the update.

RayinAlaska said:
Some of the settings are global, some are semi-global, and then one of the detecting modes is saved under the User Profile. The latter is not affected by FP unless you switch the detector to it, and then do a FP.
In my view it's very possible that the updates leave some of the settings alone, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I would do a FP of every mode used by the detector to return it to factory settings, and then install the update.[/quote

"In my view it's very possible that the updates leave some of the settings alone"

The thing I discovered, is that a FP will leave sensitivity, tones set to 50, and recovery speed on my 600. A followup FP at that time, usually changes all those setting back to what came out of the box. That last FP is what I call a trustworthy factory preset.

I want to be starting "virgin" on any electronics when I get odd responses after an upload, THEN see good results again simply by repeating it all, A-Z. That triggers the idea that the system has not been left totally cleared. It was like that in the earliest days of computers. "It is all trons."