Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Solid bottom coil covers

Overvoltage

Has anyone ever seen one, made one, or made a suggestion to minelab to make the coil covers for the 6", 11" and 17" coils without the cutouts in them? From a manufacturing standpoint I would assume it would be cheaper for them to produce without the extra step of the cutouts. I have recently hunted around an old abandoned house where the bushes have overgrown. Even with the 6" I was still getting stubble sticks up through the open spaces in the coil which was a real pain.

Shouldn't be that difficult to pick up something thin yet sturdy and then cut it to size and affix it to the bottom of the coil

I know what you mean sticks and stubble can be a pain. before i got my coiltek 5x10 I found black duct tape at HD and put that on the bottom of the 6'' and it didn't seam to bother the ctx any and you barley noticed it is there, I haven't tried it on the bigger coils.. dfly

I know the tesoro 11" cover fits the E-Trac pro-coil, but I haven't tried it on the CTX coil.

Jason: Could you try the tesoro cover on the CTX and let us know? Thanks

I was going to get a tesoro cover and try it. If it fits then the 11" will be my in the stubble coil. The 6" isn't too bad simply because it is small but it does still get snagged up some.

\"Carolina\" said:
Jason: Could you try the tesoro cover on the CTX and let us know? Thanks

Yes it fits! It's pretty snug with the stock coil cover, but it goes on. Take off the cover and it's a perfect fit!

Awesome, thanks Jason:beers:

Ha. Jason, someone posted that image on one of the Facebook MDing groups and I was wondering where it came from...
Anyhow, sure does look like a perfect fit...

GKMan said:
Ha. Jason, someone posted that image on one of the Facebook MDing groups and I was wondering where it came from...
Anyhow, sure does look like a perfect fit...

Twas moi. After posting it here, I thought it might help others dirty30 users who aren't members of FM.

it sure looks like it was made for the coil. I may have to pick one up for the corn stubble problem

I have made a crude one for my 11 inch coil out of a 5 gal. bucket plastic lid. Secured it to the coil with those plastic wire zip ties. It works well.and be removed easily enough when conditions don't warrant a full coil cover. You can trim the lid to fit the coil or even leave it as is with the 11 inch coil. Almost everybody has a 5 gal. bucket lid laying around.

Bit the bullet and got the Tesoro cover. It definitely looks better and weighs a little less. I did have to wrap the coil with electrician tape after I took the stock cover off to get the Tesoro cover to fit tight enough for me. It did fit tight with the stock coil cover still on but I didn't want both covers on at the same time. Thanks for the great idea.

I do a little leather work, I was curious to see what would happen if I molded a piece of 3.5 weight leather over a 6" coil. I put the leather in my splash sink under hot water for a minute. The hot water makes the leather hard when it dries. I molded it to the cover of the ^' coil. I was surprised, it worked fine. I don't have to tie it, only problem if it rains you are in trouble. It is a quick fix type of thing but it works.