Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some clarity

jimzilla

Since I have had the CTX for 4 months now, I am well versed in the machines cappability. With that said I have seen numerous posts about falsing and repeating 12-40, 12-42 signals. I assuming many people are used to the old or "not so good" detectors where you have to hear a pin drop in order to get the deep coins. With the CTX what you need to look for are the repeatable targets. Repeatable targets are long and solid audio sounds. Not blips and bleeps that only show up for a second. Also go SLOW. I have now decreased my sweep speed to a near crawl. Why...because I have noticed more targets are showing up whereas before they were missed. I always have gone slow, but now I go super slow...like 4-5 seconds per pass. Also use "sizing" in pinpointing. It helps so much identifying those smaller targets that register deeper than they actually are. I call them "deep shallow" targets. The CTX will read 5-6" and give a good number, but when you pinpoint, you will notice the target is smaller than a normal coin. My last bit of advice...forget the screen and target trace. The sound is your friend with the CTX. You dont need target trace to see two targets. That takes up precious time to look at the screen. Listen to the audio as the target trace and audio are BOTH affected by the target ID. Too many of you are focusing on the read-outs on the screen. I hope this advice can help some of you understand the CTX. Its the best machine ever.

Thanks Jim!!
I really need to take a patience pill and go slower with this machine.

Great post Jim i have notice slow is better but then again i hunt heavy trash there are a lot more signals than people think and as you said a lot are missed slow like a turtle is the way i hunt because you are looking for what everybody else has missed . The easy signals are still there to be found going slow but you well miss a lot of other signals going to fast.

and will help to unmask a lot of co-located targets that would be missed by to much speed. However to slow can cause you to miss ultra deep targets in the very clean areas.The CTX is a motion machine and requires motion to hit a target and a 2 second sweep speed will get more depth than a 4 second sweep in cleaner ground. One must match sweep speed to conditions to get the most out of the CTX or most any machine for that matter .

:thumbup: We are all familiar with the Minelab wiggle to help us deside if a target is something we want to dig or not. That is a fast sweep technique.

Larry which one are you referring to? I think a 2 second sweep speed is too fast in areas with multiple targets.

jimzilla said:
Since I have had the CTX for 4 months now, I am well versed in the machines cappability. With that said I have seen numerous posts about falsing and repeating 12-40, 12-42 signals. I assuming many people are used to the old or "not so good" detectors where you have to hear a pin drop in order to get the deep coins. With the CTX what you need to look for are the repeatable targets. Repeatable targets are long and solid audio sounds. Not blips and bleeps that only show up for a second. Also go SLOW. I have now decreased my sweep speed to a near crawl. Why...because I have noticed more targets are showing up whereas before they were missed. I always have gone slow, but now I go super slow...like 4-5 seconds per pass. Also use "sizing" in pinpointing. It helps so much identifying those smaller targets that register deeper than they actually are. I call them "deep shallow" targets. The CTX will read 5-6" and give a good number, but when you pinpoint, you will notice the target is smaller than a normal coin. My last bit of advice...forget the screen and target trace. The sound is your friend with the CTX. You dont need target trace to see two targets. That takes up precious time to look at the screen. Listen to the audio as the target trace and audio are BOTH affected by the target ID. Too many of you are focusing on the read-outs on the screen. I hope this advice can help some of you understand the CTX. Its the best machine ever.

one reason people might be relying too much on the screen.. if you refer to the manual on page 41, it states that "The ferrous-coin setting may not always provide audio". I'm not sure if anyone has yet to find a good target without audio.

I posted under Ray-Mo agreeing with his comment but I just realized that not everyone has their threads set the same as I do. Sorry about that and I will try to do better when commenting on others posts.