Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Cold Weather Finds - Barber Half and Other Big Silver

floodplaindetector

All the finds shown are finds pulled with my Minelab E-trac since my last post. All these finds were pulled from public researched sites in North and South Dakota.
The 1892s Barber half is my oldest Half ever. It is my 16th Silver Half Dollar for the year. I am currently sitting at 283 silver coins for the year.
The Triple A "National Award" Bumper Guard was a completely unexpected find in a small city park. I first dug an old sardine container which exposed a 02-45 signal which turned out to be this bumper/license guard.
It cleaned up nicely. I believe it to be 1955-60.

I figured it was about time to hang it up today when I snapped my Whites hand digger right at the handle because of semi-frozen ground. This is my 3rd Whites digger I have snapped at the handle over the years.

Thanks for Looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1892s Barber Half, 1968 Kennedy Half
1902 0 Barber Quarter, 1940,1946 Washington Quarters
1945,48 Silver dimes
2 Silver War Nickels
1926 Buffalo, Couple 1950s Jefferson
1893 Indian Head Penny
17 Wheat pennies back to 1919
1998 Clad Half

Other Finds
1955-60 Triple A Bumper or License Plate Guard
25 Cent Brass Cigar Token
1950 Uncle Sam Play Nickel
Small Old Pin with white background (about 8 inches deep)
Diamond shaped piece of jewelry. I believe it is silver. Maybe top of a ring.
Terryville Key
Old Nail with "29" stamp on head
Misc bullets, etc.
1950s-60 Triple A BumperOrLicensePlateGuard.jpg
BarberHalfAndQuarterReverse.jpg
BarberHalfRightAfterFinding.jpg
CigarToken.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
KennedyHalfRightAfterFinding.jpg
SaturdayFinds.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg

You are always producing! 283 is a lot of silver (122 was my best ever 9 years ago).

Finds like that is why I will never get rid of my E_Trac, but the ground where I hunt now is too difficult for the E-Trac.

I hope it thaws soon for you!

Nice!!!!! Been snowy and cold here with colder temps coming at us so cant really get out per se. Hoping for a couple of old home sites to say yes but it will take a bit of thawing to get to. You are lucky you’re still out, Im jealous!!!

😮😮😮😮😮😮
Outstanding finds Dave!! and 283 silvers is super impressive!!

Thanks Jim. Great find with that first year barber dime. Yes, even worn 1892 s halves have some good value.
Dave
Another great hunting weekend. Just a little icing, pun intended, on an already banner year. Outstanding! I got a 1892 dime the other day, but no s. Yours appears to some some value to it. HH jim tn