Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some finds from 2010

Larry (IL)

Here are some of my more interesting finds. The Civil War finds came from a prisoner and training camp here in IL this spring including the 1841 Half dime under the flash glare. The US buckle is a fake to make the display more interesting. The half dime won the most popular coin of 2010 award in our club as did the 1800's Knights of Pythias belt buckle in the Misc. category and the bracelet made from 9, 1800's Canadian 5 cent pieces for jewelry. The 2X2 sheets are some of the silver and older IH's found. Add to that a couple handfuls of jewelry, hundreds of wheat cents and over $500 in clad and who knows how many pounds of interesting "junk" finds made for a very interesting year of hunting.

[attachment 183369 201020003.jpg] [attachment 183370 201020004.jpg]

[attachment 183371 201020005.jpg]

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET finds !! Lots of 3 ringers there. Nice shadow box. :thumbup: I'm going look for some Friday if the weather gets right. CCH

Thanks for setting the bar for 2011 Larry. You had an outstanding year, and I hope it spills over to 2011. This forum I'm sure will help us all top out 2010 totals. Ron

Great job Larry! Thanks for sharing. You've given me additional motivation to make 2011 a great year for MD'ing.

Really a nice collection of finds Larry and well displayed to boot.

thanks for sharing.

Rich

Dang Larry, its my dream of going to a civil war camp sight. Did you go to camp butler.Man i looked at pic first and seen that belt buckle, bout fell over, maybe we can get togeather and hunt a battle sight sometime.Im doing some research right now on some missouiri battle sights. GREAT FINDS CONGRATS.

I would love to get together again Bryan and yes the Civil War finds came from private property where Camp Butler used to be. It has changed hands since and we are having problems getting permission, the new owner has a lawyer friend so you can guess...........:ranting:

Here is a site down river from you I wouldn't mind researching more: http://www.history-map.com/picture/003/Island-Number-10.htm

Really Nice Finds Larry!!! Congratulations!

That looks like a nice summary for the year. Makes you just chomp at the bit to get out..again huh ;) (arggg frozen ground)

Larry good finds did you get that buckle from there too. I havent found one of those down there, Have detected it many times, and got some good stuff lots of 1/2 dimes, Heard of a eagle breast plate last year.
This year just got to virginia 2 times for detecting did really good
I didnt make it down to illinois last year. maybe this year
Congrats
Steve

As stated, the buckle is a fake for display only. I also edited out the link which is not allowed in your post.