Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some help keeping the 3030 water proof,,,,

grouser

just an observation,,,, if your are the type to leave your battery on the charger as soon as you get home,,,,,, and leave it there untill the next hunt then you need to COVER THE CONTROL HEAD while it's sitting there collecting dust ,,,,, one flake of dust or long cat hair and you are asking for trouble,,,, JMHO

What i have noticed is that when i clamp the battery down, there is almost no resistance. I'm wondering if the O ring is too small. I haven't had mine in the water yet and afraid to do so. I think i might try either another O ring on top or form a gasket. Would this work?

A double O ring is asking for trouble and a form a gasket may void your warranty and not work either, especially after taking the battery out for charging. The few with water problems are a small percentage of the water hunters. The only modification I would try is the silicon grease on the O ring. The chances are yours will be fine in the water.

Thanks Larry, Will do that grease thing.

I agree,,,, keep it clean and a dab of silicone grease on the lip of the battery,,,,,, if your worried about the fit,,,, put a new o-ring in, but not two of them. it can't be that loose,,,,