Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Old Relics and Silver

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last handful of hunts since my last post. All of these finds were pulled from researched Minnesota public sites.
Minelab eTrac was my detector used to recover all.

I was told by a few people that the small flat button is a Copper Tombac flat button and could date back to the 1700s. Buttons that old are extremely rare in these parts.
I thought it was a punch out blank for electrical wires until I saw the back bent over shank.

Another unexpected find was that early 1900s 4th of July celebration badge. That target was every bit of 13+ inches deep. I was hitting a few pennies at that site that were very close to maxing out my depth gauge.
A couple mystery finds are that rectangular ornate part of some cover or lid and that round Chrysler 6 cover is some part off a 1924-1935 Chrysler 6 car.

Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
3 silver Washington quarters
9 Silver dimes are back to 1902
1 35% Silver War nickel (1943)
Nickels are back to 1910. The 1912 V has a D mintmark which is a better year.
3 Indian head pennies back to 1890
27 Wheat pennies back to 1910
4 Canadian pennies from the 1940s
1 Stainless Steel Canadian dime

Non Coin Finds
Early 1900s 4th Of July Celebration Badge
RFD Eagle Lock Company padlock
WW II Infantry Collar Disc (Crossed Rifles)
Good for 5 cents Merchant Token
Silver Washed Music Button
Sterling Silver Turquoise Ring
4 Leaf Clover Aluminum Pendant
Modern Dog Tag
Cover from a Chrysler 6 Car (1924-1935)
1928-30 Palmolive Token (My 2nd one in the last couple months)
Moose Lodge Pin
Large Nickel Plated Brass Ribbon Badge (Early 1900s –Top of Group Finds Pic)
Small Bell with Turquoise Colored pieces
Rectangular Ornate Lid or Cover
Various other old buttons
Crushed Kids Ring (Stone Missing)
SilverCoins.jpg
4th Of July Celebration Badge.jpg
Copper Tombac Flat Button.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
WWII Infantry Collar Disc.jpg
Silver Turquoise Ring.jpg
Buttons And Bell.jpg
Nickels.jpg
SilverCover Token And Moose Pin.jpg
ChainLinkButton.jpg

The 4th of July celebration badge is my favorite. Another WOW post Dave! Congratulations.

Amazing collection of goodies!! All from public places too!! You perform excellent research and it literally pays off for you handsomely.

Finds are from the last handful of hunts since my last post. All of these finds were pulled from researched Minnesota public sites.
Minelab eTrac was my detector used to recover all.

I was told by a few people that the small flat button is a Copper Tombac flat button and could date back to the 1700s. Buttons that old are extremely rare in these parts.
I thought it was a punch out blank for electrical wires until I saw the back bent over shank.

Another unexpected find was that early 1900s 4th of July celebration badge. That target was every bit of 13+ inches deep. I was hitting a few pennies at that site that were very close to maxing out my depth gauge.
A couple mystery finds are that rectangular ornate part of some cover or lid and that round Chrysler 6 cover is some part off a 1924-1935 Chrysler 6 car.

Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
3 silver Washington quarters
9 Silver dimes are back to 1902
1 35% Silver War nickel (1943)
Nickels are back to 1910. The 1912 V has a D mintmark which is a better year.
3 Indian head pennies back to 1890
27 Wheat pennies back to 1910
4 Canadian pennies from the 1940s
1 Stainless Steel Canadian dime

Non Coin Finds
Early 1900s 4th Of July Celebration Badge
RFD Eagle Lock Company padlock
WW II Infantry Collar Disc (Crossed Rifles)
Good for 5 cents Merchant Token
Silver Washed Music Button
Sterling Silver Turquoise Ring
4 Leaf Clover Aluminum Pendant
Modern Dog Tag
Cover from a Chrysler 6 Car (1924-1935)
1928-30 Palmolive Token (My 2nd one in the last couple months)
Moose Lodge Pin
Large Nickel Plated Brass Ribbon Badge (Early 1900s –Top of Group Finds Pic)
Small Bell with Turquoise Colored pieces
Rectangular Ornate Lid or Cover
Various other old buttons
Crushed Kids Ring (Stone Missing)
View attachment 17852View attachment 17853View attachment 17854View attachment 17855View attachment 17856View attachment 17857View attachment 17858View attachment 17859View attachment 17860View attachment 17861
you are going to have to get a bigger stump to display all your finds.....you are making me re-think my schedule for the near future with all your finds.
And getting the etrac to bottom out the depth gauge is a hard thing to do !....EXCELLENT FINDS...GREAT POST !

Another grand array of targets, post. Just thinking yesterday that you were about due to lay another wad of good finds upon us. Good hunting and tracking the spots down. HH Jim Tn

Amazing finds! I absolutely love the variety of non-coin finds... alot of "work" to recover all that.;) very nice!

Such great finds! Can't wait for a little cooler temp. but the humidity is the killer. Gnats also ruin the day. E. central Ga. is a great place to live (usually).

Nice digs Dave .
Mark

Double Wow! Its like walking into a wormhole and going back in time and just finding stuff on top of the ground!!! Good job and fun to look at! Also, if I might be so bold……
I found a similar turquoise ring on a gravel access road that was somewhat flattened and “dried out” looking. I took it to a lock rock shop that does repairs and custom jewelry etc. It cost me $35 to be fixed and appraised the ring at $100 when completed. Just so you know…….Before and After

Attachments

• 8028CF93-00FA-4E9B-9EE1-B4C3006F322F.jpeg
    8028CF93-00FA-4E9B-9EE1-B4C3006F322F.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 99
  • C8C23184-1856-4CD1-A58D-7CBB2B52C4BA.png
    C8C23184-1856-4CD1-A58D-7CBB2B52C4BA.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Dave,

Nice to see someone getting out this summer. Super dry in my area. Looks like you and the Etrac are totally in tune. Still sporting the NEL?

Thanks for the post and awesome pics.

Rich

Another nice post on your recent good finds. It shows that there is still a large amount of good targets to be found, and that gives us all hope.

Nice finds Dave! Those Tombacs are rare to find but help date a site. Any chance the lower left button is a state seal button?
HH Jeff