Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Wildlife Photography from this past week:cam:

Roscue2

I had a three day weekend last week, and decided to make a road trip/ camping trip of it. I decided to head south to the Bakersfield area, and then use CA HWY 58 to go up to Techapi (??). During the trip I visited a aircraft museum, 2 national wildlife refuges, and a national monument.

The photos seen here are from the Merced and San Luis National Wildlife areas, which are both home to many of the waterfowl species that migrate south from Alaska and Canada for the winter. There were literally thousands of birds of all types and sizes nesting in the refuges. Some of the birds only stay temporarily, and then continue south to Mexico, while others stay all winter.

As you can see from the photos, the refuge is made up mostly of flooded land, much of which was at one time farmland. Through the efforts of the federal and state government, as well as land owners thousands of acres of farmland have been returned to their natural state. Both the Merced and San Luis refuges offer hiking trails, viewing platforms, and even auto tours. When I visited there were a good number of people viewing the wildlife. I decided due to time constraints to take the auto tour and take photos as I followed the road. All of the photos you see were taken from inside my car while I was at a stop.

I took the photos with my Canon T3 using the 75-300 mm lens. It allows me to zoom quite far, but I wish I had a more powerful telephoto lens to get even closer shots. HH and GL

As usual, I didn't edit anything.

I love your photos of the wildlife and that you don't edit your pictures. BEAUTIFUL. Thank you!

BJ, that particular photo was taken through a glass window at the refuge's educational center. It was attracted to the window by several bird feeders. Thank you for the comment.