Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sometimes I wonder

woodbutcher

Why I use anything else. Why anyone uses anything other than a etrac for coin shooting…. Two hours in the park with the AT Max aday ago.. Granted, I was hoping for gold but I’ve since decided to leave that to the proffesionalls…
Tonight, 20 minutes in the same park,same area with the etrac and dug 3 targets.. 110 program.

Attachments

• IMG_2285.jpeg
    IMG_2285.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • 20231010_180538.jpeg
    20231010_180538.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    666.9 KB · Views: 103
Why I use anything else. Why anyone uses anything other than a etrac for coin shooting…. Two hours in the park with the AT Max aday ago.. Granted, I was hoping for gold but I’ve since decided to leave that to the proffesionalls…
Tonight, 20 minutes in the same park,same area with the etrac and dug 3 targets.. 110 program.
Because it would destroy your arm like the explorer 2 I used the ctx for 11 years because it was balanced but heavy still can do a whole day with it . But prefer the deus2 now 68 years old now got to give the body a break but yes it is a fabulous machine like all fbs . sube

I've got the same little shovel from whites, love it, they put a little magnet in the round indention

Safari is my other favorite machine, I like simple and it’s a powerful simple machine. All the good things of FBS with no fuss in the Safari
Yes sir, I like simplicity. I hate having to spend precious time out trying to get a machine programmed in order to use it. The Safari is an easy machine to set up and get to it.

The Etrac was and is a great machine, but it is HEAVY and out of balance! The 800 is, to me, far superior in almost every area and much lighter and better balanced! The Deus is also a great machine and light, but the learning curve on it is much higher and the tdi/vdi is not near as good!

I’ve had the deus1&2,,, equinox and just about everything else on the market. Several times over.. And I’ve used them all hard over long periods of time… And I gotta say I disagree jas415, nothing in my honest opinion even comes close to the etracs ability to not only find deep old coins in hard packed ground, but also let out such a squeal it’ll stop you dead in your tracks. As for nickels, same thing. I can dig nickels all day long and not a pulltab or any other aluminum junk..I’ve been using Elmys 110 program and it’s a nonstop coin fest in areas like I was at today that never gave up a silver coin let alone a wheat in the many trips I’ve taken there with other machines..An hour with the etrac and the 110 program and I nailed 6 deep wheats, 1946 Rosie and other clad coins..Not everything is for everybody but I’ll say the etrac always works for me like no other…

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    882.4 KB · Views: 59
Been hitting an old Catholic Church across the street from me,about 15 years now. It’s big areas, usto be a girls rectory there that burned down around 1850… Found a lot of old coins there, this spring I found my first and only capped dime, hard to see but I think it’s 1836…Went over tonight for a hour with the etrac, got some deep clad,a wheat and then got a deep 12-46,12-47… dug down about 8 inches or so and out pops a small woman’s ring.. no marking but it had that silver warble, and the numbers were silver solid.. thinking it might be from the early 1800s and just not marked, it’s definitely a woman’s ring,too small for a man.The photo of the capped dime is the one I found there this spring,it’s not from tonight..

Attachments

• IMG_2350.jpeg
    IMG_2350.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2362.jpeg
    IMG_2362.jpeg
    955.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2364.jpeg
    IMG_2364.jpeg
    851.1 KB · Views: 70
I know its a pain, but next time you find all these great signals with the etrac...mark them and see if the MAX or other detectors you have can actually see them. Would be interesting to see it really is only a factor of swinging over it with the etrac.

I know its a pain, but next time you find all these great signals with the etrac...mark them and see if the MAX or other detectors you have can actually see them. Would be interesting to see it really is only a factor of swinging over it with the etrac.
Good idea and it is a pain depending on location. One weakness we've seen on the AT pro is calling deep NON-ferrous as ferrous and I believe even more so in mineralized ground.

Just wondering what coil or coils you like to run on the E-Trac? I am running the 12 x 10 and 8 x 6. That little 8 x 6 seems to like silver quarters.
Ron in WV

Just wondering what coil or coils you like to run on the E-Trac? I am running the 12 x 10 and 8 x 6. That little 8 x 6 seems to like silver quarters.
Ron in WV
I like the pro coil the best, I’ve used a lot of others and always go back to the stock coil.. But the 6x8 SEF is definitely my favorite aside from the pro coil..

I know it’s a pain, but next time you find all these great signals with the etrac...mark them and see if the MAX or other detectors you have can actually see them. Would be interesting to see it really is only a factor of swinging over it with the etrac.
I Will do that. It I know the results already. I’m not bias to anything, I’ve been buying and trying everything that’s come out in the last 10 years. And some of the new releases are really good..But the etrac is a specialty machine that was built with one thing in mind, deep old coins…that’s it, and to me nothing in the market new or old will hang with the etrac on Deep old coins… All these new releases anymore are all middle of the road machines, good at everything but excell at nothing in particular…the etrac excels at what it was built for

I like the Etrac to and use different coils and have made plenty of decent finds with it. I still like going back with different detectors and poke around to see what’s in the ground.

Love the etrac, but damn, the weight!

Though I dig more trash, I prefer the Legend. Lots of emi where I hunt. Jury is still out on the Deus II.

My kid rocks it with his ATPro.