Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sometimes we get lucky at the mine :smile:.....

This morning was one of those days. Word just came up that they've hit another cheese pocket, not far from a smaller vein that was found about a month back. This one's much bigger though and it generally means lots of free cheese for the employees.:thumbup: Leaning on the mild cheddar variety but we're happy to take any kind that they find. There'll be literally tons of this stuff to go around......I'd be happy to forward some to my buds here. Let me know if you're interested folks. Very tasty stuff ! :)

that the Queen in England will allow a small group of detecterists to detect all her lands,should be some very old finds posted soon.I'm still trying to figure how cheese gets into a salt mine,is there a cheese factory above your salt mind.Do you ever see any holy cows down there.:) If you see any pockets of cows could you milk them when your in the moo-d,:)

n/t

Back when they were digging some tunnels for the Olympic Stadium in the late sixties. They reported on the April 1st news that they had hit a large cheese pocket and were polling their listening audience to see what public opinion was. Should they continue with their tunnel or should they dig another in a different area and open a cheese factory with this latest find. The calls were coming steady.........we need the jobs so we should open the factory...................we shouldn't waste all that good cheese etc. etc. Now our buddy Royal here kinda turned the tables on me. All his post means is that I'm now obligated to bring along a hunk of cheese with the Crown Royal and Canadian beer on my next trip up. We all knew already that he'd eat anything anyways. :shrug: But those "western boys" sure as heck fooled me. I thought fer sure Willy, Mikie and Wayne, along with OJ, who half bit :smoke:, would've been first in line for some of this latest find. Who'd have thought that they would've been sharper than our kinfolk from Quebec ?? :huh: Might be time to re-evaluate our B.C. boys.........they done good !! :lol:

a bit on the crazy side but I figured I would use that to get some cheese:thumbup:

n/t

can't believe how gullible people are tho:shrug:
It seems that this is a wonderful time to be a politician;) :cry:

ran a story about a new detector that had a screen that would tell you exactly what you found before digging. Right down to the date if I remember right. It was like a video. Man I was excited while reading it. I had a wife and a kid I was ready to peddle for the money for the thing.

At the end of the story, pictures and all, they said April Fools. I felt like one too but I was ready to write the check:super:

Wasn't aware of the cheese aging thing in the mines either.......or is this another western effort to make me look bad again ? Lord knows, it's not difficult. :lol: Wouldn't surprise me though.......around 58* to 60* F year round. Hope all's well at your end Wayne. I'll give ya a buzz soon. :thumbup:

n/t

Linda did figure it out...... You gotta click on the button:blink:

It usually shows up every year on the forums. I didn't see it this year though.