Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sorry but i have to así this!!!!! Deleite if you want!!

MEV

Hello everyone, i have to ask this! Why does ctx 3030 since it came out has had only 2 software updates, i mean its has been 5 years since it came out. The competition deus, i have seen a Lot of updates and ctx nothing. I had have ctx 3 year now and i like it but, i thought that there would many software updates. If i would of known about this in first place, i think i would have Deus

Maybe the Deus needed the updates more........? :detecting:

Seriously, if you aren't happy with your machine, sell it and get the one you really want.

The update with the Seawater option and Pinpoint lock was nice. Being able to do a bit more with tone bins would also be nice,but other than that....I'm hoping that it really doesn't NEED anything further that would really matter. To use it to its full potential would take anyone many many many years,IMO. An 8" coil would be perfect,but that's a different topic...

I guess you don't need to fix what's not broke

MEV said:
Hello everyone, i have to ask this! Why does ctx 3030 since it came out has had only 2 software updates, i mean its has been 5 y ears since it came out. The competition deus, i have seen a Lot of updates and ctx nothing. I had have ctx 3 year now and i like it but, i thought that there would many software updates. If i would of known about this in first place, i think i would have Deus

MEV

I surely hope you understand that you've hit on a contentious topic here, which has been visited & revisited many times since the release of the CTX 3030 some five years ago!

Regarding this subject you're going to find those who are not happy with the CTX 3030 situation and will complain! You will also have those (maybe they have stock in the company, if so good for them) who will defend Minelab at all costs against "the complainers" even though they have a history of poor customer service and not treating their customers the best. Maybe it should be remembered that we all have free speech so why are there always those who will try and put those down who complain about Minelab and their lies/broken promises and poor behavior as relates to their products (especially the CTX 3030).

Pure and simple, Minelab for the most part lied to customers in their big pre-release CTX 3030 promotions/brochure about providing a Future Proof, Software upgradeable detector. Yes the CTX 3030 is capable of receiving software updates/upgrades if Minelab wanted to develop them. Providing one useful (salt mode, pin point lock), update 3 months after release to fix obvious problems/shortcomings which should have been caught during post development & field testing and fixed before release does not give them a reprieve! It has now been five years without them providing further useful software updates. This has been the case even though customers have made numerous suggestions/requests for updates to improve the machine!

I am a long time Minelab user starting with their Sovereign and since have owned every one of their top of the line recreational detectors! I love their technical innovations, but when they fall short on their word/promises, product quality or customer service I'm going to hold their feet to the fire. I will as should other customers, complain! As with any business which provides products/services if the customer doesn't complain/hold them accountable they will not improve, just my perspective!

Respectfully

Altamaha, HH

What would you like updated?
There isn't much more the companies can do except move things around it isn't like they are making new hardware.
The most they can do is choose a FREQ and recovery speed because I am pretty sure they are regulated by GOV what they can do.
I think the CTX software is one of the easiest to use in the field so I am with if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I know people come on here and like to pretend the new detectors are so far advanced but they are really still doing what they did back in the day.

I'm sure there are quite a few firmware update enhancements that could be made.
Things like being able to rename a new mode from the CTX 3030 keypad instead of being stuck with "mode 6" and move the mode to the top or anywhere in-between the list of the modes.
Making the time of day / hours/minutes displayed larger.
Having the current separation mode displayed somewhere on the front screen.

Those are just little user interface enhancements that come to mind of the top off my head.
I'm fairly new to the CTX so I haven't though about function enhancements yet but I'm sure I could come up with some.

I've often wondered what is the time of product lifecycle that Minelab has planned for the 3030 before they come out with the next iteration of their top of the line detector?
With Coiltek coming out with a new 14x9 coil for it soon I gotta believe it will be a while before the 3030 is superseded

I have a Deus and barely use it simply because I find plenty with my CTX, I love the fact that Deus users think that constant updates are going to find them more, the latest two new programmes that come with the V4 are ones that people have been using for quite a while, they are there for the numpties who can't programme the thing, nothing more. All the other stuff bar the Super Dooper Pinpointer (Not!!!) is related to the New coils that to anyone other than a Gold Prospector in the US or Australia will not benefit from it.
XP are into Marketing and creating things you don't need (Wireless Pinpointers with a remote display) and making you think you wont find anything without using their product, when you get down to it and look at the quality of it all, its cheap tat sold at a Premium, stick with your CTX,thats a top quality bit of kit and it doesn't need any updates, that's just an excuse by people who want to knock the CTX, that and the 'Its too heavy' brigade, most if not all of whom have never even picked one up.

What are the two mods previously ? I hate to say it but Ive had so much fun with my CTX that I haven't even paid any attention to any updates other than the new red rubber seals. LOL and to think of all the time I was out detecting I could of been looking for a problem with my CTX instead.

utahshovelhead said:
What are the two mods previously ? I hate to say it but Ive had so much fun with my CTX that I haven't even paid any attention to any updates other than the new red rubber seals. LOL and to think of all the time I was out detecting I could of been looking for a problem with my CTX instead.

But its SO much more fun to complain on the inturweb. :cry:

It seems kinda silly to update something that was pretty much done right the first time. :shrug:

I have had the Deus for almost six years and have seen only one update: 3.0, which was quickly followed by two fixes: 3.1 & 3.2. Originally XP was going to charge for updates, but the strategy has since switched to selling coils and other pricy accessories that require an update to use them. Neither Minelab or XP gets high marks in the update category, but both make great machines, updated or not.

As a software developer for over 30 years, I can say it takes a few years to the software to take FULLY advantage of the hardware and innovations doesn't stop even on the same platform. And I can say is no software doesn't have bugs. It takes a many releases to fix the problems especially after the software leaves the shop.

Here are some features I would like.
a) I would like the detector suggest which target separation to use since they are based upon how mineralized the ground is or a warning saying the one you are using is not optimal
b) don't sound off on very deep targets and you can choose the depth
c) more than 10 modes
d) the ability to run a pinpoint mode like an Excalibur or Sovereign without keep resetting

I love updates. In fact Windows is the greatest example of updates. I loved it so much I bought a Mac, then an iPad,, then a MacBook. Oh I still have a PC just to plug the CTX into and that is it. Updates are a pain when not needed. What I would like to see is someone that knows everything the CTX or ETrac is capable of do a DVD so we would all know. Updates don't make things better

Electric1 said:
Would someone please explain to me why. A detector that goes for 2500.00+ brand new goes for 499.99 used on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B008ET9J8I/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Because a-hole crooks continue to prey on the innocent with your fake chinese counterfeits.
That's why.

do the Chinese ones get updates ? after all that was the last CTX update a Chinese language update and that's as good as it gets right...:buds:

AJ

I really enjoy this machine and doing something right, the first time is always good BUT,,,,there is always room for improvement(s).....especially when implied