Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

soybean field delight

chadwick

When I was growing up I always wondered about the term needle in a hay stack.Well Sunday team Jackwick took on this challenge .Our mission was trying to find anything of or the location of this homestead . We drive over an hour to this location to find a 400 acre cut soybean field. Jackalyn went one way I went the other, after about 45 minutes I had a feeling that any second I would hear it . Wait for it wait for it yeeeeeeeee Haw Jackalyn is running right towards me grinning from ear to ear.It was a big chunk of pure happiness in the middle was a 1832 coronet head large cent . I run up to where she found it , She did it as usual found the objective .We started working a good chunk of field when she found the smoke stack of the house. It was some thin brittle metal that let the secret out.I dug down to save several old bricks with soot still on them. There in the bottom was a three prong fork handle still in tact. About then it all started coming together find after find .I hit on a 1857 flying eagle penny and a 1867 shielded nickle with hole. I also found a pocket knife it was from 1879 . Jackalyn found a trade token for 10 cent in trade for empire billiards an bowling . When we do sites like this I often wonder how life was back then and who live there. I got my answer when I found a infantry button . We found relic after relic and a unbelievable sun set in that field . I looked up and said thank you

Real nice hunt Chadwick, that spur end is a cool find as well. You might want to look where the barn might have been on your return trip.

Awesome eagle!

Thanks to everyone and Larry about that spur thing thanks for backing my theory . I told Jackalyn thats what it could be we have 3 of them .

Really nice finds! Besides the barn(s), you might want to poke around or, at least, keep an eye out for a privy location....could be some worthwhile glass items to be dug.

Nice finds , I found a Infantry and a CSA button near my house at a old homestead last year, makes you wonder who lived there