Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spanish Silver and English Copper

trooper424

Hello all,
Beautiful detecting weather here in New England this week. Went back to the colonial era farm where I dug my first Spanish coin...... a 1781 1/2 Reale. I’d been back to the same area several times over the past year (only been detecting for about a year and a half) but this time I decided to slow way down and take my time. So on Monday I dug 2 KGll’s, one was pretty toasty but still had enough detail for an I.D. Within in three feet I got a strong signal not that deep, maybe 4 inches and found a 1748 KGll. My oldest coin to date.
On Thursday I went back with the same game plan in mind. I dug an early 1800’s flat button and my second signal was an oval cuff button. Have yet to find his twin which was probably attached at one time. My next signal was somewhat scratchy but was getting consistent high 20’s to mid 30’s on the Equinox 800. After battling a nasty root system I saw the rim of what appeared to be a silver coin. When I plucked it out, I could see the Spanish writing on the coin and once I cleaned it up I was the proud owner of a 1748 2 Reale in very good condition. Unbelievable two day hunt!!!!!! Just goes to show you that “it’s never hunted out.”
Thanks for taking the time to read my novel. Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

Lots of detail left on those beauties.....soil could have been a little friendlier to the reale but if I spent 250 years under ground I might tarnish a little too..lol..awesome finds.. congrats...

Congrats looks like a great 2 days!!!!!! I like looking at everyone elses finds but would be nice when you clicked on picture it was a bigger picture. Maybe it's just my old eyes lol...

Mike K "Ohio"

Excellent , love the novel and the coins Trooper. Do you think it was a coin spill? If I were hunting I would spread out the search area and see if they had company. Hope to read the sequel to your novel!
HH Jeff

Gary congrats on that find it’s a beauty!!! Let’s hunt tues!
Mark

Congrats on the FANTASTIC finds !

I like the old New England sites best of all - I hunted lots of colonial cellar holes in Maine over the years - 1700's finds are a real pieces of history !

Good Hunting !