Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Squeezed out silver #16 for Sept - 145 for year

tonym

Hi Gang:

Went back to the little park by my house for a quick hunt to finish off September. I was lucky enough to pick up 7 wheaties and a 1949 Washington Quarter. The quarter had some black on it so I gave it the baking soda paste treatment when I got home.

This brings me to 70 silver and 339 wheats from this particular park.

My totals for September are 16 silver coins, 84 wheats, a sterling silver Lutheran pin and a sterling silver ring. Quite a let down from my 56 silver coins last month, but still a very good month for me.

Brings me to 145 silver and 547 wheats for year.

Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

[size=large]145 silver coins plus other assorted silver for the year so far:[/size]

Doing great!! You are still ahead, by 5, but if I counted the halves we dug Saturday, I would be up by 505 silvers!! :happy: I also dug up a case of poison ivy Saturday, so having a bit of trouble swinging the coil and scratching!

You also dig up a lot of coins that are older than what we find here. We dont get many 1800's coins here, mostly Mercs and later. Also have you set p taht nickle bin yet? I would wager you have left many a war nickel in the ground. To me with that high nickel bin the war nickels will splatter a bit, and the numbers will bounce from nickel to low penny, and there will be a splotchy target at nickel and another in the 39-41 range but the tone will be great. Regular nickels will be solid 13 and target will be steady at 12-13. Some Buffs have come in at 12-11. Also the beaver tail of pull tabs rings in at 12-11 but the tone is lower usually.