Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sterling Bracelet

sd51

I had a 12-36 displayed on my E-TRAC yesterday and since a zinc penny gives a reading of 12-37, I figured I was going to dig another zinc penny. I was glad I dug this signal because it turned out to be a Sterling bracelet. The bracelet was laying flat which explains the low conductivity reading, I positioned the bracelet vertically on the ground and it gave a reading of 12-44 or 12-45 so always dig those conductive reading in the 30s. It weighed in at 1 3/8 ounces!

Thanks, I was very surprised too. Funny thing, I was walking over to the restroom in the park and held my coil to the ground without swinging it as I walked and just watched the display for any signals.

Awesome Navajo silver piece. That would have made my day for sure.
Greg

Thanks Greg, I've been showing it to some friends and a new guy at our rod and gun club mentioned he was snowmobiling with some friends thirty+ years ago and one of the ladies was upset and threw her gold engagement ring in the snow. Guess I need to check out this field...

That is a great find! I have found a couple native American bracelets over the years but nothing that thick.
Were you able to date it based on the stamping info ?

Dave

Thanks Sooper Dave, guess I was due for something nice. I went back to the same area a few days later and found a sterling (925) ring with a blue topaz stone. Go figure?