Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sterling scout ring, silver quarters

DougF

I went out to the woods at an old park this morning. This is an area of about three acres which had some activity until the 70s, when it was abandoned and became overgrown. 50-75% of the area is not huntable, due to thick brush. For some reason I continue to find silver quarters, but not many silver dimes. Since April, I've found nine silver quarters, all Washingtons, except for one SLQ. Only five dimes. I have found some deep wheat cents, so I think I would find the dimes if they were there. Today I found 1941 and 1941D Washingtons. The Boy Scout ring was basically right on the surface. I thought it was junk, since the signal was so strong, but when I pushed the leaves out of the way I saw the ring. Two hours hunt time.

That's a productive 2 hours DougF! Good going! Wish I could turn the tables on a couple of my spots that have been almost all dimes. That scout ring looks nice and pretty hefty too.

Here's a close-up of the ring. It's a small size and lots of wear on it.

Nice digs. That scout ring is circa 1930's a quick check of eBay might suprise you as to it's value. Congratulations!