Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stirring the pot.. 600 or 800..!!

fastdraw

I'm starting a NEW conversation. I've always been a little bit of a pot stirrer so this is perfect..! If I had had the experience 14 months ago to purchase the 800 model would have done it...! But I had ZERO experience. But sometimes for the blue collar worker, like me.. I opted for the 600 model. Yea... It's only 3 frequencies.... and yes it had wired headphones which by the way...hands down give as much Clearer sound then the wireless. But the wired headphones are more inconvenient....! I have two friends with the Equinox 800 model... with WAY more experience than me... and I'm pulling up vast amounts more wealth and finds than they are.
Ok... !! Ok...!! I'll admit the 800 as some more settings that I don't have... and the two extra frequencies are mostly applicable to finding small pieces of gold... But for all of you 800 owners... when somebody is asking if they should purchase the 600 model or the 800 model.... ON THIS FORUM...! If you recommended the Equinox 600 you will NOT be serving them an injustice..!!
I am just now going to upgrade to wireless headphones with my 600 model. This is my contention... The 600 model will probably produce the same results of the 800..... unless you are a very very very experienced metal detector...! Not everyone can spend the hundreds of dollars more for the 800... RESPECT THAT..!! And I secretly wonder if the 800 users had a 600 model in their hand's.. couldn't do the same job with a little bit of practice. I Like to STIR THE POT..!! 😉

Get the Avantree Audition Pro Headphones and a pair of the Aukey B80 earbuds. You can get both for less than the Minelab ML80s if you shop carefully.

If you did the most recent update your 600 you should have 4 single frequencies and multi. Multi on the 600 and 800 is exactly the same which means that in Park 2 and Field 2 multi the 600 is using one frequency that is way over 20 kHz along with a much lower frequency or two in the 5 to 10 kHz range. So you are right. If you set the 600 and 800 up exactly the same in 1, 2 or full tones you basically can’t tell the difference.

Get the Avantree Audition Pro Headphones and a pair of the Aukey B80 earbuds. You can get both for less than the Minelab ML80s if you shop carefully.

If you did the most recent update your 600 you should have 4 single frequencies and multi. Multi on the 600 and 800 is exactly the same which means that in Park 2 and Field 2 multi the 600 is using one frequency that is way over 20 kHz along with a much lower frequency or two in the 5 to 10 kHz range. So you are right. If you set the 600 and 800 up exactly the same in 1, 2 or full tones you basically can’t tell the difference.
Good advice on the headphones. Your a smart cookie on the other advice..!

Thanks..!

Agree 100% had the 800 first but never touched the advanced settings. Many folks who want top notch performance are switch on and go folks too.

I'll be honest with you..........I have spent many a sleepless night tossing and turning, asking myself why why, why did I not get the 800............ NOT! I love my 6. I have found some nice things already in some hunted out spots and I have plenty of spots I haven't even touched yet. A friend across the street from me said there was nothing in his back yard, but to take my best shot. Dug up a coin purse full of rotting pennies, many older pennies and a 1924 railroad lock thats going in my collection. I know of at least 3 locals who have covered this area. The 600 has made it fun again. I rest my case.

It’s good that there is a choice available. Pay for the extras if you expect them to be useful in your type of detecting, or enjoy most of the performance the equinox offers at a lower cost if you’re not much into customization. Same goes for the XP Orx vs XP Deus

Ok. I have the 800 for a year and then bought the 600.
At times I have to look down to see what detector I’m using.
I got the 600 for in the water at the beach because I don’t like using the $$$ 800 in the water.
Both are excellent detectors. And if (if) you actually know what you are doing with the 800 then it is a plus. But I have been using Minelab’s for about 15 years and detecting for 50+ years.
I have found stuff that I shouldn’t have found in the conditions most couldn’t detect in.
But I have my own little tricks I do.
For safety reasons I do not ware headphones. Most of the time I detect alone. I use the WM08 with wired earbuds. To keep the wire out of the way I clip the wire to my neck collar and run the wire inside my shirt down to my front pocket to my WM08.
Doug

I bought the 600 because we really don't have extra money now. I am quite happy with it. In our soil I wonder if the 600 vs. the 800 would be an even match? I have dug some very deep coins with my 600. I don't even know if I would benefit from the extra features of the 800. I don't hunt for gold and my old Koss headphones work good with my 600. Interesting topic! HH Ted

600 is a very good Detector. at time I don’t know which detector I’m using.
if you are not going for gold witch I don’t. I got the 600 for water and now at times I set each detector with different coils and just switch detectors lol. I like them both and especially the WM08 that comes with the 800.
unless you are heavily into detecting the 600 is fine.

Both good detectors, if you want the most adjustability then go with the 800 other wise the 600. A lot of people start with the 600 and then get the 800. Same thing happened with the White's V31 vs Whites Vx3.

I actually use the gold settings on my 800 from time to time in my mineralized dirt just looking for normal, everyday targets...and I like doing that.
Then again, I am weird.

This is a great thread...I think I mentioned that? I am waiting for somebody to tell me that the 800 is deeper than the 600...

This is a great thread...I think I mentioned that? I am waiting for somebody to tell me that the 800 is deeper than the 600...
I pulled up a clad nickel at 12 inchs in a city park with my 600 model. 🏆

From all that I have read from some very knowledgeable hunters except for the WM08 module, the extra gold settings and the extra fine tuning possible on some of the settings the two models are pretty much the same.
Performance wise, anyway.
Nice to have such a very capable option at less money for those that choose to go that route.
That doesn't happen all that often in this industry.

If someone mentions this they are “pulling your leg” The 800 has a few extra bells and whistles thus the higher price. However this higher price doesn’t make it reach any deeper then the 600. Anyone that has the 600 please know you are achieving the same depth capabilities as the 800. Basically If you want finer adjustments (to your settings that you already have) and gold seeking abilities, then the 800 would be what you are looking for.

If you don’t need the 40 kHz gold mode and you aren’t overly interested in tweaking then the
600 is better choice. Some may prefer getting the package with 11” and 6” coils which is $50 cheaper still than the 800.
I recently ordered a used 600 with both
coils , and then another new Eqx 600
Holiday package with free Bluetooth headphones. One will be kept with 11” coil and the other will be kept with the 6” coil.