Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stock coil vs 4x8 SEF

Whitetail

Generally speaking will I be better off using my stock coil vs the 4x8 SEF when searching ground that is not cluttered with trash? In other words can I expect a bit more depth out of the stock over the 4x8? Just wondering if you've found that you squeak a bit more depth out of the stock? Also, under the same conditions would a 12 x15 coil be even better? I have the 4x8 on now and am wondering if I could be missing some targets by keeping the 4x8 on when the ground is pretty good? Thanks.

You mean the 6x8 right? You would cover more ground faster if clean ground with stock Pro coil and maybe just a bit more depth like maybe 1"-2" depends on target size. Probably yes the 12x15" would be even more so but then you got the weight factor. Open your screen more and try manual a few points higher then what it runs at at +3 Auto and Ground Difficult and try NOT Trash High but the other way around. Also the Gain run at 29 as that is what makes deep targets sound like shallow ones so as not to miss them. Leave fast and deep off.

Any good quality small coil is the only way to go in heavy trash or iron - they can isolate a good target much better than a stock sized coil !

Good Luck !