Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Struck WWII cloth "gold" this time!

JamesBondaka

The weather is better here for a change so I decided to head down to a homestead that Ive been before and found german war pieces. There was a POW camp fairly close by during WWII. When I got there, the owner told me that he was going to tear down a lot of the house. I asked if I look around inside. He had searched before and not found much. After a couple hours of searching inside the house without much luck....I got a faint signal in a corner of the house. I noticed that there was some extra lumber added for no apparent reason. I borrowd a big hammer and tried to pry off a board.....After some work and two boards later....I got a strange odor and saw some cloth. I was hoping for a heavy cloth sack stuffed with gold but stuck inside were these two hats. I got to thinking what set off my V3i.....and discover this ring clipped inside the folds on one of the hats. I showed the owner....he wants me to come back and hopefully find some gold/coins hidden in the house as well. Besides being somewhat dirty and dusty and smelly....they are in nice shape. Ive been extremely lucky at this site....I hope it continues!

Does anyone know anything in particular about these (WWII) hats? Long before my time.

Well congratulations on your finds. Those hats are obviously of the a nazi German soldier. The smaller one should have been the one usually worn and the bigger one should have been the parade, or official occasions one. Anyhow I can most likely say that probably they were hidden so that if they were checked by the authorities they wouldn't get caught. Apparently many nazis escaped from the war and went to live in forain countries. They were not liked by many and some disguised like if they were regular Germans seeking for a new start.

I WAS A DEALER THIRD REICH ITEMS, OFFICER HAT BETWEEN $400 TO $600, THE NCO, $250 TO $300, NICE ITEMS, GREG

Thanks guys! Good info to know and much better prices than I thought they would be worth. The owner says I can have them and he gets the coins/gold if I find them...our deal.

Well I didn't expect for the value of the hats to be so high, congratulations you have got a small treasure.

Fantastic finds, congratulations.

Thanks! Yes, history is a wonderful thing....some good and some not so good....in any case....I'm not a relic hunter but I do have admit these are pretty "cool". Some of my finds even got posted on a site, Treasurescoop.net. I have "cleaned" up the hats just a bit. My neighbor says the smell was something like moth balls or some chemical like that. There is no sign of the balls but smell is quite pronounced. I have put them in attic to air out some. Here a some better pics of them.

Holy cow, what an interesting find and that took persistence.

Being persistant has paid off for me...... Ive worked sites 20 times or more to say that most everything is been removed at that depth level. Sometimes I go for along time at these sites, without a good signal but when I get one its usually something valuable, old or both. Im looking forward to getting a GPR or similar to help get deeped targets. Im going back to this site soon as some of the house will be removed and possible more treasures to find.

Great story keep us posted about the site very interesting..:thumbup: