Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sudden mute Omega syndrome

pasttom

I was hunting the field tonight near dark and the sound went out on my Omega. I had just put in a new battery and worked maybe 60 feet from the car and I noticed no sound for the last 15 feet or so. I checked the read out and it was unaffected. I just had no sound. I went back to the car and put in the headphones- no change. NUTZ I pulled out my F2 and started in again but it would not stay on. Double nutz! I dug out my ID Edge and worked around the house but it was now very dark and I can't use that machine without seeing the read out. Two deep soda cans and it was quits for the night. I may have to ship a load to El Paso.
Maybe I need to pray and meditate about the course of life. :surrender:
Tom

and jesus proclaimed:
"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance
of the things which he possesseth" 1k. 12:15
you was not "scheduled" to find anything today
reverend!

(h.h)
j.t.

But I was detecting the yard at the parsonage...

:nopity:

Trying to lift some coins from God's house.........hmmmmm. Maybe He wants to keep that old silver......lol

But seriously, the blanking out is a stumper. Maybe one of the engineers here have an answer.

A battery ya thunked was a good 'un what wazzn't?

If that hasn't been ruled out, try another fresh name brand alkaline that tingles your tongue downright perky when you lick the terminals.

--Dave J.

unfortunately,it just wasn't your day! the good lord had other plans for you this day!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I experienced the same thing this morning
Wasn't sure if it wasn't the headphone connection.

Power lines and sinders all around.

See! Its an epidemic! I had flower lines and sinners all around! Beware! Beware! This could be the end!
Send in your F75 LTDs and T2 SEs and maybe we will be spared, who knows?

:surrender::clapping::rofl: Just kidding- its a setback, not the end of the world! :nono: Really- joke (though my tale is true)
Tom

Mine would do that periodically and I had to shut it off and turn it back on again and it worked fine. I haven't sent it in yet but will get around to it sooner or later.

Prayer does work wonders! And I only cussed silently & mildly in my heart, just a little for a minute.

Tried the new battery routine and walla- back from the mute! I guess I should a been more patient and had faith.
Tom the relieved :detecting: :super: :crazy:

"the lord moves in mysterious ways!..his wonders to perform!"
you persevered!...reverend!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

[size=large]Yes, and I overcame! :wave: PTL![/size] :wave: :crylol: :wave: :clapping: :wave: :angel:

"outrageous!" reverend!..."noted!"
the "father" is pleased!
the lord helps those who help themselves!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

[attachment 200776 1940d.jpg][attachment 200777 1940dOB.jpg]

Not only is it singing again, this morning I was blessed with another silver dime! A lovely 1940 Merc! My oldest coin so far!
I was not even at church! I stopped along the street to check out the dirt sidewalk in front of a chain link fenced lot. Not bad!
Tom the grateful! :clap:

Very nice mercury, Congrats on a good find .

Harold

Thanks, its my 4th silver coin in my 8 month career- three dimes and a quarter. They are coming faster. Luck or skill or a combination?

Who cares, I am grateful and I want to keep looking.

Thanks, Harold. :)

Thanks, my 4th silver coin in my 8 month career- three dimes and a quarter. They are coming faster. Luck or skill or a combination?

Who cares, I am grateful and I want to keep looking.

Thanks, Harold. :)

you are in good with the lord reverend!
his blessings to bestow!

(h.h.!)
j.t.