Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Suddenly Nails Sound like Silver

Acornhead

Hi guys, haven't been on here forever, but have started getting out again, been a real hard past year with depression. Doing a little better each week. Anyway, the last few times out have been doing good, program set to what most guys were using here. Today I went out over a park I always go to, and suddenly started hitting high tones everywhere. I know for me, if it is a nail, usually won't sound out when swept over target in all directions. When I started digging these sweet sounds, all were nails, and they would sound good even once dug out of the ground and swept over with my hand. This just started today, I didn't change the program since I've been using it the last 5 times out. Today, got to the point I didn't trust the detector, because there were so many silver sounds, when I did check them for sure, all were nails. I've been doing ok last times out, barber dimes, a walking liberty half. But really frustrating today. Help please. Don't have time now, but will give program I was using a little later today. Did find a barber dime and musket ball at the beginning, but became too frustrated with all the nails sounding just like silver. Never happened to me before. Also, took so much time off, what is the best general program for parks. I know i might have found one or two nickels with the E-Trac, no gold. Unbelievable on deep silver and copper. I know when I had the DFX, it was not great at silver, but it was a nickel and gold ring magnet. Thanks, Des in Buffalo

This is what I was using today. sens auto, man level 20, auto level +3, thresh hold 29, vol 30, vol gain 29, response normal, tone id multi, sounds conduct,var 29, limits 25rec deep off, fast on, trash high, ground diff,noise cancel 7,contrast 15, pinpoint norm, sensitivity on, show mode off,

The only thing I see is you are running conductive, and if you are using a disc pattern with any iron areas open the iron will come in high tone just like coins.

So you may want to check your pattern and black out any iron areas and then your coins should get the tones and you will be back in business.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
The only thing I see is you are running conductive, and if you are using a disc pattern with any iron areas open the iron will come in high tone just like coins.

So you may want to check your pattern and black out any iron areas and then your coins should get the tones and you will be back in business.

Ron in WV

BINGO! Excellent Ron...

Acornhead,

After removed from the ground and in your hand, do the nails still sound like a HIGH CONDUCTIVE target when you wave them over the coil? (you're set for conductive sounds)

Where are they ringing up on the FE/CO display?

Rich -

Yes Rich, sound just like a coin when I swing the coil over the nails. Th weird thing is I haven't changed the program, same site I always go to, and this never happened. Thanks so much Rich. I haven't been out for about 2 years, and just have gotten out 4 times in the last week. Easily overwhelmed. What is a good video, or what can I do to get my machine back to about where it was? I never learned the edit out screen too well, know it's not hard, but what's a good instructoral video for a good basic program?

you can reset the detector my holding the power button until it reads factory Preset. If that doesn't help, you might try backing up you programs to you pc and doing a master reset.