Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray Pro for CTX 3030

I've had the Sun Ray's for a # of years. They are very comfortable, give a nice tone etc but keep in mind they have two on/off switches on the phone which have to be turned on before you start sweeping. To me its a little overkill cuz its easy to bump them and turn them off unless you just dont won't to hear a tone while ur diggin. I'm used to them now but would probably gone with Gray Ghost if had to do over which I believe doesnt have them but will connect with a wireless controller for a ctx. HH

I have the CTX Pro Golds and they're terrific in cooler weather and where ambient noise is an issue.
Grey Ghosts gave me a temporal mandibular headache , the padding on the Pro Gold does not.

Yes, they sound great...good noise isolation.

Bit of a sauna during the summer.

Padding is leather and can crack/dry out with too much sweating.
Lightly use some leather cream treatment before you start using them.

LTimedigger said:
but keep in mind they have two on/off switches on the phone which have to be turned on before you start sweeping. HH

Huh...
Mine don't have any 'on/off' switches.
They've got a 3-position mode switch you set for your detector model's wiring. (CTX is all the way down.)
And they've got a Limiter enable/disable switch. (limiter enabled is down...which is counter-intuitive...should be up for on, like everything else in the world.)
Both switches are 'set once and forget'.

The only thing I find really annoying is that both left and right volume knobs are wired backwards...(volume knobs should increase volume with clockwise rotation, not the other way round.)
But you can get used to it...

mike

Love my Pro Golds. The switches are necessary if you own or use other brands of detectors. I have owned SunRay headphones for over 15 years and never had to replace a switch and I don't baby them either, they ride in the back of my truck. My wife uses Gold Pro's and the backup HP are the older SunRay Pro's. Worth every penny.

Thank you all very much. I will order mine today. I have Mells BigBlues, they are great, made well, good sound. If I we are them more then an hour I get a head ace. They are very tight. Thank you for your help,